White Lilac (1930)

HouseMary Chess
PerfumerMary Chess
Parent CompanyHenri Garceau

About White Lilac

White Lilac is a feminine perfume by Mary Chess. The scent was launched in 1930 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mary Chess

Reviews of White Lilac

My one quarter ounce of toilet water had never been opened.

It is quite strong and true as a soliflore, almost parfum strength. Silghtly sweet and light, as opposed to the heavier scent of purple lilac.

The scent of lilac has almost gone out of favor. Very few perfumes created after 1950 featured this as a soliflore, although Basenotes does provide a list of half a dozen or so niche houses who currently offer scents with white lilac center stage.

Old-fashioned, comforting, truly lovely and feminine. Mary Chess' version is among the best I have experienced.
23rd February, 2015
This was my favorite aunt's signature fragrance, and when I was a child I thought it was the most beautiful smell on earth. She used to dab some on a handkerchief and send it home in my suitcase after a visit, and I loved to open my case when I got home just to smell those lilacs. It would be so nice to experience again, but I can't find it anywhere, even on eBay... (heavy sigh)
20th August, 2006

Add your review of White Lilac

Shop for White Lilac products online

Search Amazon for White Lilac

Member images of White Lilac

There are no member images of White Lilac yet. Why not be the first?