Histoire d'Eau (2002)

PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyLorience
Parent Company at launchDiana de Silva

About Histoire d'Eau

Histoire d'Eau is a feminine perfume by Mauboussin. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Histoire d'Eau fragrance notes

Reviews of Histoire d'Eau

jacona Show all reviews
Top notes:mandarin orange and ylang-ylang; middle notes: nutmeg, pepper and cardamom; base notes are leather, myrtle, amber and musk.

To my nose I get a soft suede, lots of amber and spice. No fruit or floral notes are apparent on my skin or to my nose. If you love spicy, amber or leather fragrances, this one is well worth sniffing. It's cozy, warm, lush, rich. I can smell the relationship to Theorema, which is my all time favorite scent. This can easily be worn by a woman or a man. If you are a fan of Yatagan, this is a softer take on leather, resin and spice.
26th April, 2016
Ms Rochambeau finds a hybrid of Mauboussin original and Cuir Amethyste. Perhaps that is what led to Histoire D'Eau Amethyste. It doesn't matter now as Topaze is discontinued and Cuir Amethyste has priced itself off the planet. ( I have two back up bottles of CA)
Histoire D'Eau Amethyste languishes at the discounters and Christine Nagel, who was Michel Almairac's protege (he of Cuir Amethyste) is now at Hermes. So Histoire is very much in play here, a story of water indeed. I love them all, except HDE Amethyste, which I don't know at all. It's all very Scicilian isn't it? Speak Softly love
07th April, 2015
I really enjoy Histoire d'Eau. It is spicy, leathery and woody goodness!
12th December, 2014
Is this the intermediate species between the classic amber oriental and the Lutens cedar oriental? Its 2002 birth date tells me no, but my nose says it could be. Histoire d’Eau is a smoky, spicy cedar/amber. There is just enough sweet amber to fall into the Shalimar camp, and enough cedar and fruit to be an SL Bois. It also has an opacity that sits right between Shalimar’s richness and SL’s transparency. Unfortunately, the middle ground is not necessarily the ripest locale for inspiration. I can’t help but feel with a few tweaks, this could have been spectacular.

I’ve only smelled SL’s Daim Blond once, and while Hd’E does smell like it a bit at the outset, it doesn’t hang together like Daim Blond. It doesn’t so much fall apart as become flatter over the course of the heart. It rallies a bit in the drydown, leaving a pleasant but unexciting spicy cedar.
22nd January, 2011
From what I read about this it sounded like something I was really going to like. I grabbed it off of the internet for about $14 for 1.7 oz. I like scents with a leather note which is why I was interested in this. However, this does not come off very leathery to my nose. What it remindes me of is a cross between Mauboussin's Mauboussin (which I like much better) with it's stewed fruits, minus the booziness (and some of the quality ingredients), and Armani's Cuir Amethyste, which is another "leather" scent that I own that doesn't seem to have enough leather to support it's name. If your a fan of either one of those scents or both, you may lke this. As it dried down it did have some of the (very subtle) "suede" qualities that other's have mentioned and some people may be looking more for suede than intense leather and so they would be satisfied...if so, this is a good buy, especially for the money. It's not bad at all, but since this didn't have the more of the leatheriness I expected, I can only give it a neutral thumbs up as a big leather fan. The packaging, everything from the bottle to the box, is gorgeous in a funky, space-age kind of way.
07th February, 2010
Bigsly Show all reviews
This is excellent, period. However, if you don't like the notes, it obviously may not be for you. I don't find it aldehydic at all, but I do avoid top notes, and I agree that they may be "harsh." In fact, if I smell the sprayer, I sometimes think of it as "funky ketchup." Otherwise, it's "natural" smelling, well balanced, dynamic, and pleasant. I haven't tried Daim Blond so I can't compare. It is certainly a bit similar to DKNY's Fuel for men. Sillage is at least good and longevity is excellent. Some have said that projection/"sillage" drops off quickly, but I find that two sprays to the chest is plenty, though I keep my shirt open a little so that it wafts up nicely. At the prices it's selling for at the time of this writing, this is one of the best deals I have ever come across in the world of fragrances, and I'm undeniably a "bargain hunter."
07th January, 2010

Add your review of Histoire d'Eau

Shop for Histoire d'Eau products online

Histoire d' Eau Amethyste by Mauboussin for Women 2.5 oz EDT Spray Brand New

End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 20:35:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

HISTOIRE D'EAU AMETHYSTE MAUBOUSSIN WOMEN 2.5 OZ/75 ML EAU DE TOILETTE EDT SPRAY

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 17:36:28 PST

Buy It Now for only: $24.90

MAUBOUSSIN HISTOIRE D'EAU WOMEN PERFUME SPRAY 1.36 FL OZ / 40 ML EDT TST

End Date: Sunday Feb-24-2019 17:57:45 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Histoire D'eau Amethyste By MAUBOUSSIN 2.5 oz / 75ml Eau De Toilette Spray Women

End Date: Sunday Feb-24-2019 20:19:41 PST

Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Histoire d'Eau Amethyste By MAUBOUSSIN 2.5 oz/75 ml Eau De Toilette Spray Dents

End Date: Tuesday Mar-5-2019 13:23:37 PST

Member images of Histoire d'Eau

There are no member images of Histoire d'Eau yet. Why not be the first?