Habanita (1921)

HouseMolinard

About Habanita

Habanita is a feminine perfume by Molinard. The scent was launched in 1921

Reviews of Habanita

I would like to think that Molinard present a bottle of Habanita to every production of Carmen so the mezzo-soprano's dressing room can whiff of this animalic floriental with a touch of tobacco. It would be just the thing to gear up the heroine for her passion play of love and death.

****
04th January, 2019 (last edited: 09th January, 2019)
Opens with tobacco with a subtle undertone of skank, but then transitions into an elegant suede leather softened by gentle vanilla and powder. This is the most niche-like designer fragrance I've ever had the pleasure of trying! Definitely unisex and not too powdery for this powderphobe. It's like Knize 10 meets Dior Homme. Thumbs up!
21st July, 2018
Having no experience with the original formulation (or with World War I) or reformulation in the 1980's (I only wore baby powder in my crib), I'm reviewing where Habanita is today, as of 2018. It's in an excellent place.

Habanita opens with a citrus smoke, with enough bite and cut to get anyone noticed. It is rounded out somewhat with a vanilla-powdery drydown, but the bite remains throughout-and that edge is what makes the scent so wonderful to me. During the drydown, you get hints of resin and florals (Certainly lilac, and another scent I can't quite picture).

As I just mentioned, Habanita has a wonderful bite to it: for any woman, this would be a true head-turner, the scent of those who take charge and take names later. That citrus-floral cut makes it more of a unisex scent as well, and to that end I'm certainly keeping it in my wardrobe.

Sillage and longevity are good: Sillage is about an arm's length, longevity is in the realm of 7-8 hours (4-5 as far as projection, the drydown another 2-3 as a delightful skin scent).

Very affordable: $25 for 3 oz., should be in everyone (man and woman's collection).

02nd March, 2018
I have always enjoyed fragrances with a leather note (Cabochard and original Fendi).

I so looked forward to receiving Habanita. Still have not adjusted to this fragrance and I like strong rather garish perfumes but this one is extremely strong even for my taste. I haven't given up though. Still wear it now and then.
18th July, 2017
Anti-chocolate.
The hot skin kaleidoscope.
Shame walk with Paris.
16th June, 2017
I love Habanita and wear it often. In fact, I probably wear it more than anything else in my collection. I like the fact that I can wear it in any season for any occasion. It makes a very good masculine scent although I have no problem with gender bending and wear many scents that are marketed to females....
I love how Habanita dries down on me into a sweet, powdery, incense-like scent. Very close to the skin but always present. I get many compliments on it when I wear it and I use the EDP, the current one available. It is a wonderful scent for me and I would not be without it. I love how vetiver and vanilla are combined and the two ingredients together make something entirely new.....
It reminds me of the smell on the collar of an old suede chesterfield coat that I have had forever....thumbs way up for me!
24th June, 2016

Add your review of Habanita

Shop for Habanita products online

Shop for Habanita at online perfumeries

Habanita By Molinard Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 Oz

Habanita de Molinard 3.3 oz/100 ml EDT Spray for Women New In Box Vintage

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 10:25:45 PST
Buy It Now for only: $99.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Miss Habanita 100ML by Molinard Women's EDT Spray UNSEALED. (DISCONTINUED)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 16:03:16 PST
Buy It Now for only: $38.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Miss Habanita 1.68oz by Molinard Women's EDT Spray SEALED (DISCONTINUED)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 16:12:14 PST

HABANITA DE MOLINARD PERFUMED BODY LOTION 6.6 oz - 200 ml , NIB , OLDER FORMULA

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 17:19:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $36.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

VTG NIB 1960s Molinard HABANITA EDT 80° Flacon 2 Oz (55ml) Splash Approx 5% Evap

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 22:57:47 PST