Îles d'Or (1929)

About Îles d'Or

Reorchestrated in 1993

Reviews of Îles d'Or

Genre: Fruity Floral

Molinard already has an uber-sweet tropical fruity floral fragrance in Nirmala, so I’m not sure why it needs Îles d’Or. As a matter of fact, Îles d’Or smells a lot like the candied fruity floral top notes of Nirmala, without the patchouli oriental foundation that aligns Nirmala so closely with Angel. As with Nirmala, I very much doubt that the contemporary Îles d’Or has anything besides its name in common with the scent of 1929. This is very much a garish contemporary bubblegum fragrance for adolescent girls, and it smells as cheap and artificial as any preposterously packaged pink celebrity scent on the market. Avoid it.
16th June, 2014 (last edited: 17th June, 2014)
Classically constructed - beautifully done.

Fruity and floral with a somewhat exotic tinge to it. The Mirabell plum note dominates to the point where I can’t identify the florals in the mixture except for the freesia. I suppose that it’s the freesia that creates that trace of the exotic.

With the heart level, the jasmine / amber / woods march in and completely scatter the top notes. I don’t often experience such a quick shift of levels – first there’s a phalanx attack of the jasmine-amber very quickly followed by a filling up the empty spaces by the cedar and sandal… And I’m pretty sure I can smell the nougat from the base already in the heart level. The heart accords are as classic and long-lasting as the opening accord.

The base is light and yummy – the nougat still remains from its stint in the heart level, and the vanilla and musk come on strong. Since the stronger notes are the vanilla and nougat, the base gives the impression of MId’O being a gourmand. The base is a little weak on longevity.

Molinard’s Iles d’Or is seems so modern in its construction; hard to believe that it was introduced in 1929. But its use of notes and accords tell me that a lot of changes have been made since 1929 to the fragrance that I am smelling. If I ignore the structure that is overtly classical, I would say that this is quite a modern fruity floral with wood. Great scent... and I usually dislike fruity fragrances.

Pros: Excellent accords and performance. Seems modern.
Cons: I haven't found any."

23rd September, 2013
WOW, I'd never guess Iles d'Or's age! This exotic fruity gourmand could have easily been plucked off the shelf of a 2009 fragrance display! After the initial sweet and juicy burst of fruits, a slight breezy floral wafts by as she settles into a warm and wooded vanilla base. A wonderful suprise!
14th July, 2009
An exotic journey to Madagascar, exotic, fruity and gourmand. Like it very much
09th March, 2009
Very sunny fruity juicy floral - nice, rather intense, and without the melon-plum-blackcurrent bud notes that can bother me in fruity scents.
02nd January, 2005

Add your review of Îles d'Or

Shop for Îles d'Or products online

Search Amazon for Îles d'Or

Member images of Îles d'Or

There are no member images of Îles d'Or yet. Why not be the first?