Molinard de Molinard (1979)
    by Molinard

• Bottle Designer: Lalique

Shop for Molinard de Molinard products online

$53.95*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 32.25)

Reviews of Molinard de Molinard

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 12 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

vintage*red's avatar
    vintage*red

Fresh, peachy citrus top notes are joined by greens, spring flowers, incense & vetiver. This is a light, happy fragrance which wears close to the skin in the drydown. I like it in spite of the fact that the fragrance unfolds too quickly and that some of the notes are lost in the drydown. I imagine that this has suffered during reformulation. I will try to get my hands on some vintage juice, because this perfume is worth knowing better. The longevity isn't bad provided you layer with the lotion. And the price makes this a bargain!

04 January, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

The brisk vetiver and green floral opening is somewhat reminiscent of Chanel No.19 EDT or the discontinued Lanvin for Men, but settles quickly into a lush, almost talcum powder-like floral accord with fleeting hints of indolic jasmine and incense(?). While MOLINARD DE MOLINARD gets a touch soapy at times, the heart remains beautifully green, the grassy vetiver retiring often and lending it a feminine sensuality without losing its old world charm. This is definitely one sexy Mrs Jones!

08 May, 2010

Quarry's avatar
    Quarry

What if ... what if ComDiva hadn't sent me a sample of this treat? I'd probably never have met this easy-going staple.

From the distinctive Lalique frosted bottle with relief imagery spring some of my favorite top notes--mild, green and decidedly perfumey in a Frenchy sort of way. In my mind, I've pegged this as a sweet, green chypre even though there isn't even a rumor of oakmoss. Others dub it fruity, floral, grassy. Officially the notes are said to be (top) fruits, citrus, black currant bud, greens; (heart) Bulgarian rose, Grasse jasmine, narcissus, ylang-ylang; (base) amber, Reunion Island vetiver, incense. To think all this all this can be had for just about $30 for 3.4 oz.!

The cost of "M de Molinard," on the other hand, heads toward $185 from Aedes. M de Mol (floral green, bergamot, narcissus, rose, amber, patchouli) bears some family resemblance to Mol de Mol, but I'm happy to like the older/cheaper composition. There's nothing else quite like it.

08 June, 2009

misscasey's avatar
    misscasey

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I enjoy this fragrance very much- the flowers and mosses seem realistic, and I feel as though I'm transported to a faraway enchanted forest. However, I feel out of place in the enchanted forest and finally run away when the bees begin swarming due to the honeythick sweetness which emanates from this gorgeous concoction. The sweetness is tempered by a touch of crisp greenness that unfortunately is not crisp enough for my tomboy taste. (By the way, my mother is smitten with this fragrance, and I gave her my bottle for Mother's Day).

17 May, 2009

Maryel's avatar
    Maryel

I love this fragrance. It has a vintage aura to it and from what I understand, the scent has been "changed" since it first appeared in the early 1980s. Still, it's exquisite, unique and feminine; with some curious fruit notes at the top, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley dominate the middle. The final undercurrent of incense and vetiver aromas remain for several hours. I thought this fragrance was gone forever when the store that used to carry it closed their doors forever. Thank goodness for online shopping! I now have my precious Molinard de Molinard. Ladies, trust me, try a sample of it. It's like no other fragrance you've ever encountered.

14 March, 2009

Ms Rochambeau's avatar
    Ms Rochambeau

This review is for the EDT. I happened upon a full 1 oz. bottle (box and all) in a cute little antique store for just $10. The opening of this is very green and much like a quieter version of Chanel No. 19. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that before. As it dries down, the dominant floral note that emerges seems to be a quiet, buttery tuberose. The silliage is not great in this concentration, after the initial opening it starts to lay close to the skin. I like this, but I already have a vintage version of Chanel No. 19 parfum and this just can't compare. The part frosted/part clear Lalique designed bottle is gorgeous.

20th February, 2009