Molinard de Molinard (1979)
by Molinard

Molinard de Molinard information

Year of Launch1979

HouseMolinard

About Molinard de Molinard

Molinard de Molinard is a feminine perfume by Molinard. The scent was launched in 1979

Reviews of Molinard de Molinard

Genre: Green Floral

An abrasive galbanum top note gives way quickly to a bittersweet green floral accord that’s reminiscent of its obvious precursors Silences and Yendi, and to a lesser extent, of Chanel No. 19. Rose, muguet, and narcissus peek out as individuals from time to time, but the floral notes for the most part blur together into a monolithic fresh blooming meadow accord. The heart is a bit sweeter and softer than Silences or Yendi, much more so than the Chanel. Without the conspicuous iris note common to Yendi, Silences, and No. 19, the Molinard is a more crisp, bright, and cheerful fragrance.

Unfortunately, it’s also comparatively thin and soapy next to its more sumptuous predecessors, especially once the drydown sets in. Caustic synthetic woods and harsh, soapy rose dominate the base notes, and the vetiver and amber listed in Molinard’s pyramid don’t register strongly enough to counteract their unpleasantness. While I admire the green floral style, I don’t think Molinard de Molinard adds much to the genre, and I’d sooner wear No. 19 – or better yet, track down Yendi or Silences.
19th June, 2014
Fresh, peachy citrus top notes are joined by greens, spring flowers, incense & vetiver. This is a light, happy fragrance which wears close to the skin in the drydown. I like it in spite of the fact that the fragrance unfolds too quickly and that some of the notes are lost in the drydown. I imagine that this has suffered during reformulation. I will try to get my hands on some vintage juice, because this perfume is worth knowing better. The longevity isn't bad provided you layer with the lotion. And the price makes this a bargain!
04th January, 2011

The brisk vetiver and green floral opening is somewhat reminiscent of Chanel No.19 EDT or the discontinued Lanvin for Men, but settles quickly into a lush, almost talcum powder-like floral accord with fleeting hints of indolic jasmine and incense(?). While MOLINARD DE MOLINARD gets a touch soapy at times, the heart remains beautifully green, the grassy vetiver retiring often and lending it a feminine sensuality without losing its old world charm. This is definitely one sexy Mrs Jones!

08th May, 2010
Quarry Show all reviews
What if ... what if ComDiva hadn't sent me a sample of this treat? I'd probably never have met this easy-going staple.

From the distinctive Lalique frosted bottle with relief imagery spring some of my favorite top notes--mild, green and decidedly perfumey in a Frenchy sort of way. In my mind, I've pegged this as a sweet, green chypre even though there isn't even a rumor of oakmoss. Others dub it fruity, floral, grassy. Officially the notes are said to be (top) fruits, citrus, black currant bud, greens; (heart) Bulgarian rose, Grasse jasmine, narcissus, ylang-ylang; (base) amber, Reunion Island vetiver, incense. To think all this all this can be had for just about $30 for 3.4 oz.!

The cost of "M de Molinard," on the other hand, heads toward $185 from Aedes. M de Mol (floral green, bergamot, narcissus, rose, amber, patchouli) bears some family resemblance to Mol de Mol, but I'm happy to like the older/cheaper composition. There's nothing else quite like it.
08th June, 2009
Pretty, pretty, pretty! I enjoy this fragrance very much- the flowers and mosses seem realistic, and I feel as though I'm transported to a faraway enchanted forest. However, I feel out of place in the enchanted forest and finally run away when the bees begin swarming due to the honeythick sweetness which emanates from this gorgeous concoction. The sweetness is tempered by a touch of crisp greenness that unfortunately is not crisp enough for my tomboy taste. (By the way, my mother is smitten with this fragrance, and I gave her my bottle for Mother's Day).
17th May, 2009
Maryel Show all reviews
I love this fragrance. It has a vintage aura to it and from what I understand, the scent has been "changed" since it first appeared in the early 1980s. Still, it's exquisite, unique and feminine; with some curious fruit notes at the top, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley dominate the middle. The final undercurrent of incense and vetiver aromas remain for several hours. I thought this fragrance was gone forever when the store that used to carry it closed their doors forever. Thank goodness for online shopping! I now have my precious Molinard de Molinard. Ladies, trust me, try a sample of it. It's like no other fragrance you've ever encountered.
14th March, 2009

Add your review of Molinard de Molinard

Shop for Molinard de Molinard products online

Shop for Molinard de Molinard at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Molinard de Molinard

Member images of Molinard de Molinard

There are no member images of Molinard de Molinard yet. Why not be the first?