Patchouli Plaisir (2001)
    by Molinard

Average Rating:

Patchouli Plaisir information

Patchouli Plaisir is a women's fragrance by Molinard. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Patchouli Plaisir

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

Bigsly's avatar

The notes are, according to the Estonian site, are: Orange, exotic fruit notes, sandalwood, vanilla, and patchouli.

So as you might guess, it's rather simple. There is strong patchouli at first but then it fades quickly. I didn't get much orange but I try to avoid the top notes, so that is where they may have been concentrated. For the most part, it comes across to me as a light scent, with sandalwood, vanilla, and patchouli keeping the balance together. Obviously, there is likely to be some musk present, no matter how minimal an impression is given. It looks like it is now discontinued, or at least hard to find in the USA. I'm not a fan of fragrances with strong patchouli notes, so it's difficult for me to judge how it compares to others that are similar. For what it is, I can't think of anything negative to say about it. Longevity seems good, but projection/"sillage" may not be great. There is more of a gourmand aspect at first but over time it goes into more of a dry, "earthy" direction. I guess the idea here is that they made patchouli pleasurable, and I can't disagree with that, unless you really like strong patchouli (in which case you might view this one as a "lightweight"). Fans of Borneo 1834 might like this one, if you don't always want a gourmand patchouli fragrance to be that strong.

12th June, 2011