Moschino (1987)

Year of Launch1987

HouseMoschino
Parent CompanyEuroitalia

About Moschino

The bottle is designed to be reminiscent of a bottle of Italian table wine.

Moschino fragrance notes

Reviews of Moschino

A big, rich, old-fashioned oriental chypre. Although it just squeaked by at the end of the power house eighties, this could easily have come from the forties or fifties.

Its fifteen note tree combines the best of white florals (freesia, rose, ylang, gardenia) with the finest of round, warm base notes (amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla and sandalwood). The spice notes of nutmeg and clove are sparingly employed to add an air of mystery.

I am most reminded of Madame Rochas, had it gone the oriental route. It's quite fine. I had never heard of the firm Moschino before trying this due to Turin's four star review and his "heavy oriental" badge.

If you are an Opium fan, you will love this. It's surprisingly affordable also - around $30 for a 2.5 oz. edt. It's on my wish list.
29th November, 2015
A hollow confusion of sweet gunge, painfully spiky overtones and clove which soon collapses into an anonymous milky clove whisper.

If someone were to mix Boss number one, Cuba by Czech & Speake and Yohji Homme and then apply it in a 5% solution of body milk they might end up smelling like this.

Why they would want to do that I have no idea
01st May, 2015
To me this is very herbal, spicy, warm and a little fiery but at the same time, a calm scent as well. The fire cools on you and lingers in the background. I get a lot of the amber, so in this respect it is a lot like a spicy, ambery type scent, perhaps somewhat like an Ambre Sultan type thing. The galbanum also reminds me of the incense vibe in Opium eau de parfum female version, and I find this fragrance equally amazing in it's dry down.

I really like this fragrance, and whilst I originally bought this as a gift for a successful woman. I find it intoxicating and enjoy it on my skin as well (as I did with the richer, EDP female Opium by YSL). I think if you are a very successful type of female, probably in late twenties, early thirties onward, this can be a power scent. It says "I'm here, and I got here because I worked hard to be here" kind-of-scent. REAL women wear this, women who work hard and matter in their job etc.

Very classy... and definitely highly recommended.
21st November, 2013
Well done Moschino ...
It's one of my favorite perfumes. Therefore, strong, warm, sensual scent.
High durability, it's a refined classic that can be worn at any time of the day or evening, in my opinion.
Reminds me of YSL Opium-(old formula).
08th April, 2013
A dusty spicy-vanillic with a notable presence of pepper and patchouli and a touch of incense. Hints of
mystery and exotic elegance swirl in the initial roughness. Some floral notes in the middle (may be rose or mimose) variegate the wake imprinting at it colour and sophisticated subtleness. The dry down is musky-mossy(galbanum) and finally milky-soapy. This fragrance is well made and in my mind conjures the rampant italian 90's (it was so popular in that period).
22nd March, 2012
kitsch Show all reviews
It's a proper Perfume - a confident and elegant Perfume with a capital P. Charming, lasts very well, stays close to the wearer. Very Good.
24th August, 2011

Add your review of Moschino

Shop for Moschino products online

Shop for Moschino at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Moschino

Member images of Moschino

There are no member images of Moschino yet. Why not be the first?