Alada (1979)

About Alada

Alada is a feminine perfume by Myrurgia. The scent was launched in 1979

Alada fragrance notes

Reviews of Alada

A friend bought me a bottle of Alada in 1982 and I don't believe I have used it more than three or four times. I still keep the almost full bottle as a curiosity item. Some fragrances are unmistakenly feminine, some are typically masculine and some others are suitable for both sexes. I think Alada belongs to none of the above as nonsensical as it may seem! It is a little too wispy and flowery to be worn by a man and too "aftershave-like" to be worn by a woman. It's staying power is not great either. I cannot say I truly "hate" the fragrance. It is just too nondescript for my taste. I love perfumes with strong personalities. Alada does not qualify as a distinctive fragrance as far as I am concerned. Too bad... I really wanted to like it.
25th March, 2011
I got this for my friend, and it turned out to be a waste. After the first five minutes it disappeared, literally vanished, I even leaned closer to smell it and there was nothing there. Sure the lime and lemon are nice at the top, even if they smell a bit masculine, but there are no detectable mid notes and I doubt even a bloodhound could smell the drydown after half an hour.

I was hoping to give the gift of a discontinued, hard-to-find scent to another fragrance-lover like myself, instead I am responsible for unearthing one of the most pathetic fragrances I have ever smelled.

Double thumbs down.
20th November, 2008
Alada begins with a fresh burst of lime followed by a warm fresh eau de cologne heart. The top and mid notes fade away leaving a somewhat musky and masculine type of drydown which, unfortunately, doesn't appeal to me much. This scent could be worn equally well by anyone who enjoys it, male or female. In fact, the bottle design is somewhat unisex in appearance.
27th October, 2005

Add your review of Alada

Shop for Alada products online

Search Amazon for Alada

Member images of Alada

There are no member images of Alada yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Alada