Sculpture (1994)

HouseNikos

About Sculpture

Sculpture is a feminine perfume by Nikos. The scent was launched in 1994

Reviews of Sculpture

"A fragment of summer..."

The woman has gone to visit her mother in a nearby village and has left the child in her husband's care. It is the last days of summer, the sun has risen for sometime now and the child is still asleep. The man is sitting in the small garden and on the old iron table, he is carving a small heart out of a piece of cedarwood, to give it to his dear. He accidentally cuts his finger and enters the house in order to put some alcohol on his wound. Unable to remember where it is, he decides to put some ouzo on his finger instead. He NEVER forgets where the drink is kept. He also pours a dram to drink by the way. When he heads for the garden again, he sees that the little girl has awaken and sitting on her bed, she is smiling at him. "Good morning my lady, go to wash yourself." he says. He starts to warm her milk and drinks half of his ouzo. The child comes back in bliss and jumps on his neck to kiss him. He sends her to the garden and dizzy with joy, he empties her milk in his half finished glass of ouzo. He brings her the glass and the little one, still drowsy, quaffs it without a breath... Half an hour later, the mother returns. She is holding two peaches, that her mother gave her, in her hands. An early cyclamen that she found on a rock bedecks her ear. When she opens the garden's gate, she can see the little one sitting on her father's lap, dangling her bare feet and conducting an invisible orchestra, with a little leafy twig that she cut from the lemon tree. They are both cackling. The mother approaches them smiling and leans over her daughter to kiss her. The peaches fall from her hands and squash on the garden's floor. She turns to her husband, her eyes ablaze! "WHY does the child smell like this? WHAT did she drink?" she asks him. He, having just realized why he could not find his drink, bows his head in shame and reaches his hand towards her. He is holding the small heart that he had finished carving meanwhile. The woman's eyes allay. A crooked smile forms on her lips. She takes the heart and while stroking his head, she places it inside her breast's pocket. The lassie, half drunk, is now dancing to the tunes of her invisible orchestra. Her baton's scent is wafting through the small garden, mixing with the peaches' that her parents are now eating aroma . The sun has warmed the soil and the child giddy and panting, nests in her mother's arms. The little one's sweat smells of ouzo and milk. She leans on her mother's bosom that smells of cedar, clings her lemon leaves scented arms around her neck and while touching with her little nose the cyclamen, she whispers in her mother's ear: " Momma, I like poppa's milk the best..." A playful breeze is coming from the sea surrounding Nisyros, in the South East Aegean and enfolds them tenderly. And God is smiling...
23rd October, 2014
WOW!! I am so glad I bought this fragrance. It is absolutely delicious and has summer written all over it. The moment I sprayed it on my wrist I was reminded of sunny, hot days like the ones we have here in Miami. I love citrus and herbal scents because they project well with the heat here in South Florida. The orange here is heavenly. I will be wearing this fragrance a lot this summer. I am surprised I did not discover it earlier. Thanks to Basenotes, I did!
10th April, 2014
Sculpture by Nikos is absolutely delightful. I'm a sucker for unique fragrances, and this fits the bill perfectly.

On the skin it's rather sweet, but not cloyingly so. It smells very much like marshmallows and sugared milk. Light and fluffy.

In the opening, freesia tends to be the most dominant note, with the lemon being rather candied in the background. The floral notes make their entrance rather early, dismissing the fruity notes altogether. Orchid, ylang-ylang, jasmine and lily of the valley together create a softly feminine fragrance. There is also a subtle grassy note that adds to this fragrance's uniqueness throughout the composition.

The drydown is quite lovely and warm. The vanilla and musk are soothing, while the benzoin, tonka bean and cedar create a rich, almost resinous, woodsy quality.

Personally I think that Sculpture could wear well all year round, in any season. I find it extremely pleasant when worn on a very cold day, such as today. I'll add that the lasting power and sillage are commendable.
05th July, 2011
I'm not sure I would classify this as refreshing, but it is definitely floriental. It is a soft warm almost musky scent. The shape of it's bottle is unique and is what initially attracted me to it. I wear this a once maybe twice a week, but only lightly as it can be a little heady otherwise.
15th March, 2009
Edit: What is it with the difference between samples and full bottles? I loved the sample, bought a bottle, and was out of love halfway through the bottle. I don't dislike it, but the remainder of the bottle languished. I think what finally got me was the tarragon note. It can be somewhat anisic, and a dominant anise note doesn't appeal to me. It began to feel cool, and the biggest problem was I could smell tarragon all the way through to drydown. I have to change my review from a thumbs up to neutral.

Cassified as a refreshing floriental, more refreshing than floriental, perhaps even vaguely aquatic. it's a low-sillage, light-handed fragrance, and is subtle from top to bottom.
Top: Peach, Freesia, Tarragon, Lemon
Heart: Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Cyclamen, Muguet
Base: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar, Benzoin
Tarragon is a distinctive anisic-type note, and though handled with judiciousness, and played off against the fruity and floral components to good effect, it was everpresent. Its herbal quality stood out in the watery, light opening, and modified the fruity floral top. It gave an edge to the more floral heart also. The drydown was predominantly sandalwoody benzoin with a note of tarragon, and was subtle-noted and easy-to-wear. It smells naturalistic and pleasant, has no ozone, and evolves well, but you have to enjoy the presence of the tarragon because it's there for the ride. I love the amphora-shaped bottle - it's clean and sleek.
07th March, 2007 (last edited: 06th December, 2013)

Add your review of Sculpture

Shop for Sculpture products online

Shop for Sculpture at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sculpture

Member images of Sculpture

There are no member images of Sculpture yet. Why not be the first?