Sculpture (1994)

Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Lancaster Group

About Sculpture

Sculpture is a feminine perfume by Nikos. The scent was launched in 1994

Reviews of Sculpture

WOW!! I am so glad I bought this fragrance. It is absolutely delicious and has summer written all over it. The moment I sprayed it on my wrist I was reminded of sunny, hot days like the ones we have here in Miami. I love citrus and herbal scents because they project well with the heat here in South Florida. The orange here is heavenly. I will be wearing this fragrance a lot this summer. I am surprised I did not discover it earlier. Thanks to Basenotes, I did!
10th April, 2014
Sculpture by Nikos is absolutely delightful. I'm a sucker for unique fragrances, and this fits the bill perfectly.

On the skin it's rather sweet, but not cloyingly so. It smells very much like marshmallows and sugared milk. Light and fluffy.

In the opening, freesia tends to be the most dominant note, with the lemon being rather candied in the background. The floral notes make their entrance rather early, dismissing the fruity notes altogether. Orchid, ylang-ylang, jasmine and lily of the valley together create a softly feminine fragrance. There is also a subtle grassy note that adds to this fragrance's uniqueness throughout the composition.

The drydown is quite lovely and warm. The vanilla and musk are soothing, while the benzoin, tonka bean and cedar create a rich, almost resinous, woodsy quality.

Personally I think that Sculpture could wear well all year round, in any season. I find it extremely pleasant when worn on a very cold day, such as today. I'll add that the lasting power and sillage are commendable.
05th July, 2011
I'm not sure I would classify this as refreshing, but it is definitely floriental. It is a soft warm almost musky scent. The shape of it's bottle is unique and is what initially attracted me to it. I wear this a once maybe twice a week, but only lightly as it can be a little heady otherwise.
15th March, 2009
Edit: What is it with the difference between samples and full bottles? I loved the sample, bought a bottle, and was out of love halfway through the bottle. I don't dislike it, but the remainder of the bottle languished. I think what finally got me was the tarragon note. It can be somewhat anisic, and a dominant anise note doesn't appeal to me. It began to feel cool, and the biggest problem was I could smell tarragon all the way through to drydown. I have to change my review from a thumbs up to neutral.

Cassified as a refreshing floriental, more refreshing than floriental, perhaps even vaguely aquatic. it's a low-sillage, light-handed fragrance, and is subtle from top to bottom.
Top: Peach, Freesia, Tarragon, Lemon
Heart: Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Cyclamen, Muguet
Base: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar, Benzoin
Tarragon is a distinctive anisic-type note, and though handled with judiciousness, and played off against the fruity and floral components to good effect, it was everpresent. Its herbal quality stood out in the watery, light opening, and modified the fruity floral top. It gave an edge to the more floral heart also. The drydown was predominantly sandalwoody benzoin with a note of tarragon, and was subtle-noted and easy-to-wear. It smells naturalistic and pleasant, has no ozone, and evolves well, but you have to enjoy the presence of the tarragon because it's there for the ride. I love the amphora-shaped bottle - it's clean and sleek.
07th March, 2007 (last edited: 06th December, 2013)

Add your review of Sculpture

Shop for Sculpture products online

Shop for Sculpture at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sculpture

Member images of Sculpture

There are no member images of Sculpture yet. Why not be the first?