Coeur-Joie (1946)

PerfumerGermaine Cellier
PackagingMarc Lalique
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Coeur-Joie

Coeur-Joie is a feminine perfume by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1946 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Germaine Cellier. The bottle was designed by Marc Lalique

Reviews of Coeur-Joie

Starts with a rush of maybe orange blossom, jasmine, violets, then gets softer, moving into a more powdery base similar to No. 5. Very lovely bouquet, but not a "must have" for me: I prefer Germaine Cellier's Bandit and Fracas, both of which pack a wallop in different ways. As gorgeous as Coeur is, it doesn't push any boundaries or challenge the status quo.
10th April, 2014 (last edited: 01st July, 2014)
An extremely light and dry floral scent with a warm base that does not impress me.

Notes according to Barbara Herman are jasmine, violet, iris, rose, neroli and vetiver.

She calls it "a chorus of flowers with a warm, buttery base.
04th April, 2014
Notes: bergamot, hyacinth, gardenia, violet, orange blossom, Oriental rose, jasmine, violet, and iris from Florence

If you have spent enough time in a major city like Paris or New York, you will know Coeur Joie. She is that arrestingly beautiful, tall, thin, immaculately dressed, mystery woman who you see on the street. The one you know MUST be a celebrity, yet from where you cannot place. She is alone, in the middle of an afternoon, not at work, strolling aimlessly through a fashionable neighborhood, wistfully window shopping. She has the right sunglasses, not too much. Her ivory colored coat puts just the right light in her face. She smiles easily. But, Coeur Joie doesn't give up her secrets easily. Maybe her love life is a bit *complicated*, or her family a bit *difficult* She has many more acquaintances than she she does friends. She may let you know a little something about her relationship with gardenia or iris, but you still don't feel you know her. Then you remember, of course, it's Coeur Joie, isn't she one of the sisters of L'Air du Temps? She must be, the perfect posture, the aquiline nose, AND the pedigree. I've read about her in the society pages. Always with those pretty sisters. Well, there she is. In person. What a nice surprise.
10th February, 2012
This scent is just perfect in my eyes, I own 3 vintage bottles, and one new very expensive bottle of reissued that bears no resemblance or very little to the original it's like a poor watered down cousin.
The original is flowery and soft but stops very short on being powdery or old fashioned it has "something" else elusive that no other scent has it's just beautiful and different to any of the modern flower perfumes of today, it envelops you in a blanket of warmth and reassurance.
Only one problem I don't know if it's just my skin but after just 10 mins the smell disappears on me, OK so they are vintage probably from the 1960's and one bottle smells a touch off but this applies to the new edition also, so I don't and can't wear it which is devastating ....but the lovely round bottles by lalique look good on my dressing table and I am lucky to own so much of this very rare and hard to find scent so I often just open the bottles and walk around with one under my nose for a while to smell what I think is a perfect perfume.
14th December, 2007
I have fond memorys of this scent....actually I long for it.....
My Mother wore it in Greece when I was a little girl, it evokes memorys of hot days and refreshing floral smells, dewy flowers in the sun.
FRAGRANCE NOTES - Neroli, bergamot, Florentine Iris, Oriental rose, jasmine, violet, Woods.
It was very fresh and light but lingered perfect for a hot summers day.
Mum had huge bottles of the stuff the Eau de toilette was in a big round bottle and must have held 300 mls I was told these huge bottles were made in the 1960s especially for the Greeck market as it was used as a cooling cologn by rich people.
I would love to be able to smell this fragrence again someday.
08th January, 2006

Add your review of Coeur-Joie

Shop for Coeur-Joie products online

Search Amazon for Coeur-Joie

Member images of Coeur-Joie

There are no member images of Coeur-Joie yet. Why not be the first?