L'Air du Temps (1948)

PerfumerFrancis Fabron
PackagingMarc Lalique
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About L'Air du Temps

L'Air du Temps is a feminine perfume by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1948 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Fabron. The bottle was designed by Marc Lalique

Reviews of L'Air du Temps

The opening is very strong with carnation and cloves and it smells very synthetic to me. I was amost scared off and wondered how this can be named 'l'Air du Temps'.

All I had to do is wait. The strong irritating scents mellow in to a warm powdery, yet oddly, fresh scent. I can feel some sweet flowers and some soft spices. The whole mixture is in fact cozy, but unusual. It lives up to its name, l'Air du Temps.

I still don't like the opening. However, the drydown is lovely enough to encouraging me to wear it again and again. Who knows? I might actually love it after going through my mini.

Originally written in 2013.
26th January, 2018
I used to wear this as a teenager in the 70's . Absolutley loved it and was one of my favourites. Sadly I found it just too sweet last time I tried it about 5 years ago, unless it was just the old reformulation trick.
31st August, 2017
This is an incredible white floral clean smelling fragrance. IT smells like soap, soap from the 1950s. It has enough floral in it to make it feminine. A classic.
12th September, 2016
Some lovely woman gave this to my 6-year-old as a gift. She said it was her first perfume, I'm assuming in the early 50s. My daughter likes it, but unfortunately, I think it just smells like talcum powder, carnations and hair spray. My least favorite scents in the world. It's in a white plastic bottle - I believe it's the travel spray. Is it the benzyl salicylate that I'm smelling? Or if this had been stored for a long time would the plastic bottle affect it? Can't believe people like this!
03rd August, 2016
L'Air du Temps smells almost... buttery. Strangely, the clove in this is light and feminine (rather than musky or masculine). This is likely due to clove's pairing with its perfect match - carnation. Together, they again prove to be the perfect pair in L'Air, lending a sweet & spicy freshness - clean and somehow crisp, amongst the butter and cream.

Strangely, the rose and iris also lend a powdery quality. I'm confused as to how all of these competing textures are happening at once, but it's an olfactive experience quite unlike all others! Though L'Air seems a bit thick and syrupy to me now, in 1948 it probably was light and airy compared to some of the other popular sillage bombs of the time!
13th June, 2016
Just gorgeous! Unique, clean, sparkly, look at me sort of scent. Just floral enough without being sweet. I feel confident and beautiful when I wear it. I am lucky to currently own a vintage formula. Found myself utterly in love with Lily, Gardenia, Jasmine combination. Nothing like the watered down newer version of mass produced EDT.
28th November, 2015

Add your review of L'Air du Temps

Shop for L'Air du Temps products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of L'Air du Temps