Nina (original) (1987)

PerfumerChristian Vacchiano
PackagingMarie-Claude Lalique
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Nina (original)

Nina (original) is a feminine perfume by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christian Vacchiano. The bottle was designed by Marie-Claude Lalique

Reviews of Nina (original)

Nina is one of the most boring and forgettable perfumes I have ever tried: an aldehydic white floral scent, along similar lines to Climat. Not unpleasant, but an absolute nothingness, especially in comparison to Capricci and Farouche, which were discontinued around the time Nina was brought onto the market
23rd August, 2014
I thought Nina was a very forgettable and non-descript white, slightly aldehydic floral, very similar to fragrances such as Gianfranco Ferre. When it was released I remember getting quite a few free samples of this fragrance, and try as I might, I really couldn't see anything deeper in it.

Fleur de Fleurs had been taken off general sale in the UK just before Nina was released; for me the former was a far more beautiful and distinctive fragrance.
28th March, 2010
My favourite all through my 20s. Such a shame they discontinued it (especially to replace it with the new Nina, a sherbetty sweet confection that smells like cheap kiddies perfume). Managed to find some EDP online recently, but the bottles must have been poorly kept over the years and all that was left was a sweet soapiness that made me feel quite ill after a while... Will have to survive on the memories of it instead.
13th September, 2009
I so miss this fragrance. It was and is my most favorite of all time. I remember it to by very feminine, pretty, classy and a bit sultry. There was a really nice base to the fragrance that was so sexy. Lovely even when it rubbed off onto your clothing. Terrible shame, they discontinued this fragrance.
29th July, 2008
Nina (original version) is a very well blended fresh green floral. Here are the official notes:

Top: Bergamot, mimosa, cassia tree buds, basil, orange blossom, marigold.
Mid: Jasmine, mimosa, rose, violet, ylang-ylang.
Base: Iris, sandalwood, vetiver, cassis.

I often find marigold intolerable in perfumes; it lends a distinct insect killer note to most fragrances. But in Nina, this note is actually one fo the only ones I can pick out and strangly enough it is my favorite part of the fragrance. It gives Nina a fresh, bright and slightly fizzy feeling- but the rest of the notes are so well blended that they are difficult to separate out. The over-all impression is of an elegant green floral. This is the kind of scent that is equally appropriate to wear for a summer wedding or a job interview. I agree with Inessa that in the EDT formula, it would be wonderful for office wear as well. I picture a refined but fashinable woman when I smell this, with expert grooming and impeccible manners. Definitly lady like but not in an old fashioned way.
18th October, 2006
A timeless floral, with notes of lily-of -the-valley and other gorgeous white flowers. Suitable for most romantic moments (i.e. your wedding) and - in form of eau de toilette - for daily life too. It's becoming impossible to find - and what a pity! Definitely one of the best white floral compositions, never cloying, always beautiful.
01st March, 2006

Add your review of Nina (original)

Shop for Nina (original) products online

Search Amazon for Nina (original)

Member images of Nina (original)

There are no member images of Nina (original) yet. Why not be the first?