Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour (1999)
by Nina Ricci

Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour information

Year of Launch1999

HouseNina Ricci
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour

Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour is a feminine perfume by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour

Notes from a vendor site: Almond flowers, kiwi pulp, almond fruit, heliotrope, frangipani flower, fresh almond paste, sandalwood, vanilla, white musk

Semi-gourmand, watery almonds with a citric edge. No idea where this 'watery' effect comes from, be it the "white musk" or the white florals--the opening contains a washed-out, sweet almond note, supported by light and indistinct white florals. The vanilla is kept subtle. This is a linear fragrance lasting around 3-4 hours with noticeable projection and could be one of those inoffensive spring fragrances with vanilla and nutty nuances. However, there is a prominent tart citrus note, its sharpness intensified by the edgy marzipan,and after a while, the persistent spike of sourness sticking out of the vague sweetness started to get on my nerves.
A nice idea gone wrong to my nose.
On a positive note, this fragrance is fairly recognisable. Someone apparently took a liberal splash on a midsummer's day and I instantly recognised this perfume by its trail in a split second, after more than 15 years. And I personally didn't find it alluring on someone else, so it seems to be a matter of taste and less about 'skin-chemistry' regarding this one.
For those who are familiar with the (discontinued) bath product "Almonds of California" by Yves Rocher, its scent is quite close to this EDT (without the somewhat disturbing tartness).
29th March, 2017 (last edited: 03rd May, 2017)
I used to wear this in my early twenties, but when I finished my bottle off, I never restocked, because at 25, I had decided that I was already too old for it. In a hot, claustrophobic nightclub, it is certainly a breath of fresh air, but it definitely has too adorable a personality for everyday usage. It's a gin and tonic with a double shot of almond syrup, and it's LOUD. Goes best with glittery liquid eyeliner, taxi rides home that are so late they're early, and your smallest purse. There are some fragrances that I can admire without liking; unquestionably, this is one that I like without admiring.
06th May, 2011
Initially blasting its wearer with a gumbo of (eye-)watery pear, apple, something vaguely almond (but not the nut; the blossom perhaps?) and raspberry, this stinker rapidly descends into the fruity gourmand circle of hell frequented by precocious teenagers wearing too much Maybelline. Blech - a scrubber. My search for the perfect almond scent continues...
19th July, 2010
I'm in like, not in love with this one. What I like most isn't what's in: it's what the perfumers left out. There is no fake caramel-vanilla candy apple gourmand stuff going on here. I like those smells, but so many perfumes go to the exremes.

OK, what does it smell like? Almond blossoms. There's a smell of almond extract, white flowers, and soft fruits. I bought it for springtime, since I love rich smells but wanted smoething light. I bought this without smelling it first, yet I'm quite pleased. It's practical and functional, especially for summer. Staying power is medium. Is it sensational? No. It's a workhorse, like black flats.
27th March, 2006

Add your review of Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour

Shop for Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour products online

Shop for Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour

Member images of Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour

There are no member images of Les Belles de Ricci - Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour yet. Why not be the first?