Ruffles (1983)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseOscar de la Renta
Parent Company at launchStern Fragrances Inc

About Ruffles

Ruffles is a feminine perfume by Oscar de la Renta. The scent was launched in 1983

Reviews of Ruffles

For Christmas my mother sent me a cache of vintage scents she'd found in an antiques store and ruffles EDT was among them. This morning I am wearing it. The first notes (for me) are creamy, fruity white florals and while fruity floral is NOT a favorite category for me, in this case it's fine because of the supporting notes that quickly follow, like the honey and other florals with an oakmoss note. Oakmoss isn't listed, but it there and it makes the scent veer off into chypre territory which was unexpected and most satisfying for me. This scent definitely has a 1980's aesthetic, in that it's crammed with lots of big notes that seemingly shouldn't be together (caramel and civet?), but somehow the way it's blended makes it work. Strangely it reminds me of Deneuve, but with some slightly fruity notes added.
26th December, 2013
Playful without being silly - a bouncy little floral that I'd love to smell again after lo these many years.

I agree with the candy comparison, but it shouldn't be thought of as a gourmand -- just a very bright, very feminine floral. I'd love to know the pyramid on this one.
10th January, 2008
From the first time I smelled this fragrance I was hooked. It was the only thing I wore. It made me feel feminine without being too much or reminding of stuff that my grandma wore, like so many perfumes do. My husband said it was one of the things that made him fall in love with me because he could leave after being with me and still "smell" me. It has such a nice simple smell, sweet without being cloying,...a little like cotton candy. We both were upset when it seemed that suddenly it was gone. I gave up searching for a time and now it seems I have found some (10 years later). As silly as it sounds, I am very excited and can't wait to be able to smell "Ruffles" again. It has such wonderful memories tied to it, not to mention, you can't imagine the number of compliments I used to receive! Even just seeing a picture of that oh-so familiar bottle made me smile. Funny, how you can miss something as simple as "your" fragrance so much without realizing.
18th September, 2005

Add your review of Ruffles

Shop for Ruffles products online

Search Amazon for Ruffles

Member images of Ruffles

There are no member images of Ruffles yet. Why not be the first?