Volupté (1992)

PerfumerSophia Grojsman
SupplierIFF
PackagingPierre Dinand

About Volupté

Volupté is a feminine perfume by Oscar de la Renta. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sophia Grojsman. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Volupté

Luscious, spicy violets with carnation, rose, freesia, heliotrope and amber very present in the mix, gradually fading into a sandalwood and patchouli base that retains the floral notes as well. I love this, and imagine it on a confident, feminine woman, most likely in a sultry tropical climate or mood. Vivid, colorful, and very sexy!

26th April, 2014
This harmonious and very well balanced perfume for me is a three-way paradox. First, I think it’s sweet and juicy but dry. Secondly, it is a soft fragrance but also rich and strong. Finally, it reminds me of boiled peanuts and sweet bananas, but I don’t feel like eating it. Do I like it? Yes, as well as the bottle it comes in (but darn that tricky lid).
24th November, 2012
Volupte is fairly green, powdery, and vanilla. It opens as a very fresh juicy floral, goes into woods, and then whispers along the skin as a powdery amber and vanilla.
14th August, 2012
This fragrance gets quite a bit of love on the Fragrantica forums. Volupte, while floral, is quite bold and ambery, a scent that will either charm you or revolt you.

It starts off okay, with a strong yet feminine floral opening, with a hint of sweet melon. As it settles it becomes sweeter and in some ways, harsher.

The complexity is pleasing, however I must admit that I found this fragrance too heavy on the sweet accords and the floral notes, especially in the heart. It's rich, thick aroma is one that will appeal to those with an acquired taste. I just didn't have the taste for this one.

The sillage and longevity are commendable, and before this begins to sound like a negative review, I do find this fragrance very unique and interesting.

It wasn't so strong that I felt like I was choking, yet it was one that made me feel a little dizzy every now and then, and I really applied lightly. The drydown was lovely however, a beautiful, powdery amber and incense blend with just a subtle hint of what had been featured before.
09th April, 2012
jujy54 Show all reviews
Volupté is a stylish green from Sophia Grojsman. I was surprised to find that it was launched in 1992, as the both sleek bottle and the stylized floral scent strike me as being from the 1960s of "Mad Men". Perhaps with that clear emerald green plastic cap acting as a cue, I am struck first by green notes and cucumber, then violet and heliotrope. Gentle woods and lingering earthiness mark the drydown. It is a well-mannered perfume, not complex, and not particularly voluptuous in my book. It is a lovely fit with early springtime. Put on a trim dress and kitten heels and wear this to work.

____________revision__________
There is more to Volupté than I give credit. It became my go-to scent for the summer, precisely for it's notes, its well-balanced composition, and the fact that it doesn't give its secrets away all at once. I simply do not tire of it, as can happen with fragrances that are at the extremes of being either too bland or too quirky. It vibe is "put together sexy."
____________postscript to revision_______________
I finally figured out that Volupté is indeed voluptuous but in a vegetal rather than animal fashion. It has the complexity of Magie Noire done in an entirely different palette.
08th April, 2012 (last edited: 04th April, 2013)
I have the strangest relationship with this fragrance. There's so much I like about it, the uplifting start and the way it softens to an enveloping warmth, the way it lingers gently and the special something which makes me, like one of the other reviewers, keep sniffing my wrist when I wear it. But there's also something in there that hits the wrong note and I simply can't identify it. To me, that odd note has an 'old lady' vibe, a sort of past its sellby date talc - and it's enough to stop me picking it up each day.
14th July, 2010

Add your review of Volupté

Shop for Volupté products online

Shop for Volupté at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Volupté

Member images of Volupté

There are no member images of Volupté yet. Why not be the first?