Volupté (1992)
    by Oscar de la Renta

Shop for Volupté products online

Reviews of Volupté

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.

Andyman's avatar
    Andyman

This harmonious and very well balanced perfume for me is a three-way paradox. First, I think it’s sweet and juicy but dry. Secondly, it is a soft fragrance but also rich and strong. Finally, it reminds me of boiled peanuts and sweet bananas, but I don’t feel like eating it. Do I like it? Yes, as well as the bottle it comes in (but darn that tricky lid).

24 November, 2012

Beauxbatons13's avatar
    Beauxbatons13

Volupte is fairly green, powdery, and vanilla. It opens as a very fresh juicy floral, goes into woods, and then whispers along the skin as a powdery amber and vanilla.

14 August, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

This fragrance gets quite a bit of love on the Fragrantica forums. Volupte, while floral, is quite bold and ambery, a scent that will either charm you or revolt you.

It starts off okay, with a strong yet feminine floral opening, with a hint of sweet melon. As it settles it becomes sweeter and in some ways, harsher.

The complexity is pleasing, however I must admit that I found this fragrance too heavy on the sweet accords and the floral notes, especially in the heart. It's rich, thick aroma is one that will appeal to those with an acquired taste. I just didn't have the taste for this one.

The sillage and longevity are commendable, and before this begins to sound like a negative review, I do find this fragrance very unique and interesting.

It wasn't so strong that I felt like I was choking, yet it was one that made me feel a little dizzy every now and then, and I really applied lightly. The drydown was lovely however, a beautiful, powdery amber and incense blend with just a subtle hint of what had been featured before.

09 April, 2012

jujy54's avatar
    jujy54

Volupté is a stylish green from Sophia Grojsman. I was surprised to find that it was launched in 1992, as the both sleek bottle and the stylized floral scent strike me as being from the 1960s of "Mad Men". Perhaps with that clear emerald green plastic cap acting as a cue, I am struck first by green notes and cucumber, then violet and heliotrope. Gentle woods and lingering earthiness mark the drydown. It is a well-mannered perfume, not complex, and not particularly voluptuous in my book. It is a lovely fit with early springtime. Put on a trim dress and kitten heels and wear this to work.

____________revision__________
    There is more to Volupté than I give credit. It became my go-to scent for the summer, precisely for it's notes, its well-balanced composition, and the fact that it doesn't give its secrets away all at once. I simply do not tire of it, as can happen with fragrances that are at the extremes of being either too bland or too quirky. It vibe is "put together sexy."
    ____________postscript to revision_______________
    I finally figured out that Volupté is indeed voluptuous but in a vegetal rather than animal fashion. It has the complexity of Magie Noire done in an entirely different palette.

08 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2013)

shrinkingviolet's avatar
    shrinkingviolet

I have the strangest relationship with this fragrance. There's so much I like about it, the uplifting start and the way it softens to an enveloping warmth, the way it lingers gently and the special something which makes me, like one of the other reviewers, keep sniffing my wrist when I wear it. But there's also something in there that hits the wrong note and I simply can't identify it. To me, that odd note has an 'old lady' vibe, a sort of past its sellby date talc - and it's enough to stop me picking it up each day.

14 July, 2010

perfumista's avatar
    perfumista

A friendly green, peppery scent . One you could definitely wear to the office and feel comfortable going out on the town with.

08 January, 2010