Ultraviolet (1999)

HousePaco Rabanne
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Ultraviolet

Described as an oriental with a twist.
The packaging is unique.

Ultraviolet fragrance notes

Reviews of Ultraviolet

Fruity, sweet and fresh. The pepper is on the heavy side (perhaps an understatement) which lends to a certain warmth while the fragrance still comes off as very clean. It's ultimately very synthetic which makes picking apart notes challenging but I do detect berries, apricot and violet along with vanilla.

Certainly this is a slightly unusual fragrance but hasn't quite managed to become anything really special. It's projection is light so I can't imagine it being particularly offensive unless over sprayed. I've read people describing it as an older ladies scent but I would have to completely disagree. This is a fresh, young fragrance, I'm sure aimed at late teens and twenty-somethings. Even going by the name and the bottle, that seems a reasonable assumption. I think the tendency towards overly sugary sweet, gourmand fragrances can sometimes lead people to think that anything outside of that bracket is for an older generation but this would suit a younger person wanting to stand out from the crowd a little.
28th September, 2016
Eos Show all reviews
Paco Rabanne's Ultraviolet is a fruity, plasticized, sweet violet fragrance with an undertones of aspartame, blunt woods and the nose tickling warmth of pepper. The overall character is sweet, powdery and woody, but it feels dischordant as a whole composition and therefore never exhibits the main virtue this type of fragrance: comfort.

Instead of feeling like cashmere, it feels like a soft wool sweater that never stops being just a tad bit itchy. Its a pass for me.
29th October, 2015
It literally smells like "nothing." I cannot identify a single note and whatever is there disappears within a few minutes.
27th September, 2015
I blind bought this and am quite happy with it! It reminds me very strongly of Dreams by Tabu which was a great favorite of mine when I was a teen and has since been discontinued ( I have back stock) . Nice to find something that feels similar and is still available.
27th May, 2014
I bought it because of the bottle and the initial difference from what I usually like to wear (grapefruits and citrussy scents)...and whilst I had it I enjoyed wearing it, but it's definitely not a forever favourite.
28th March, 2013
selky Show all reviews
I was attracted to this initially by the bottle. Somehow, on me, this works. The initial notes are powdery and sweet but with the drydown the spice and texture appears. It is exotic but with a lighter pitch I can't identify. The synthetic notes somehow blend well. The description of twisted spice is right, it is warm with cooler edges. It is not for everyone but worth a try as it is unique. I used it as my signature scent for a few years.
I am surprised to see that is is by the same perfumer who created Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and YSL Cinema - two scents I find synthetically overpowering and irritating and which have been relegated to air fresheners.
15th November, 2009

Add your review of Ultraviolet

Shop for Ultraviolet products online

Shop for Ultraviolet at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ultraviolet

Member images of Ultraviolet

There are no member images of Ultraviolet yet. Why not be the first?