Fig Tea (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About Fig Tea

Fig Tea is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia de Nicolaï

Fig Tea fragrance notes

Reviews of Fig Tea

This is a weird one. Every time I spray it on, I'm like "oh no! Really?" Because it smells exactly like ripe figs and reminds me of the day I spent harvesting and processing about a gallon of fig jam. A lot of stirring over a hot stove, burned and prickled fingers and the smell of hot ripe fig.
Fortunately the opening lasts about ten minutes and then it's a fantastic tea scent. Black tea, scented with an apricot or osmanthus aspect. It's straightforward, beautifully dry and long lasting. I don't really think of it as a great fragrance but it's enormously satisfying when I'm craving something crisp, dry and uncomplicated.
27th April, 2016
I really like the thin watery layer in which this fragrance operates. If it were heavier it would be annoyingly sweet but now it's nice, kind of shy.

I certainly get a nice ripe fig. But then mostly a lot of hedoine against a background of sticky amber.

It's... cute? Not a lot of personality though.
23rd February, 2016

The tea note is fluidy and almost ozonic, the smell is fresh and windy with a figgy final faint  powderiness and some fruity-floral notes whirling around (osmanthus, peaches??). The smell is light, sweet, wearable and summery, more fruity than floral. The scent of fig is evanescent and i catch more sweet fruits, aromatic herbs and white flowers in the air. A joyful but untemperamental fragrance. Not bad anyway.
24th March, 2012
I don’t quite get this one. I detect a sweet anise/licorice note and a non-specific fruity/floral feel, but neither of the notes in the name, nor any of the notes in the de Nicolai press (osmanthus, davana, jasmine.) I guess what’s listed as an osmanthus note could be showing up as a peachy sweetness, but if so I’m only finding the fruitiness, not the flower.

Fig-Tea could be used as a cologne-style summer fragrance, but over time it trades freshness for sweetness, winding up with more sugar than flavor. There is an interesting similarity to Aurelian Guichard’s Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella for Guerlain. The floral/anise tune common to each takes different paths, though. Rather than Fig-Tea’s sweeter and fruitier turn, Anisia Bella starts with more complexity (I know, surprising for an AA) and grows cooler, more powdery over time.
15th April, 2011
Too sweet. Too watery. Too tame & typical. Not enough tea; no fig that I can detect. Might be better as a masculine.
31st December, 2010
well, yes, it smells more like apricot. :( pity

for apricot PdN has Eau Turquoise. In Fig Tea I wanted to smell FIGS. But it's apricots in here too, and just few green figs, than wet, watery woods.

not bad, but... I expected nice fresh ripe figs. Not what I get here.
24th April, 2010

Add your review of Fig Tea

Shop for Fig Tea products online

Search Amazon for Fig Tea

Member images of Fig Tea

There are no member images of Fig Tea yet. Why not be the first?