Lily of the Valley (1976)
by Penhaligon's

Lily of the Valley information

Year of Launch1976

HousePenhaligon's
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchSheila Pickles

About Lily of the Valley

Lily of the Valley is a feminine perfume by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 1976

Lily of the Valley fragrance notes

Reviews of Lily of the Valley

Of course it smells like Lilly of the valley, but the geranium and the rose make it feel synthetic. The Lilly disappears nearly completely after 10 minutes for some itchy acid smell.

Longevity and sillage are average.
03rd August, 2017
I only smell one note in this perfume, Lily-of-the-Valley, pure and simple. Beautiful Lily-of-the-Valley, my second favorite flower. It lasts a long time on my skin. Pure perfection.
27th March, 2017
A beautiful white flower scent. It does smell like an old perfume, but this is no bad thing- why mess with a classic? I love the clean, summery smell. It is strong without being cloying or overpowering, which is a fault I have found with some of Penhaligon's other floral scents.
30th July, 2014
One of my sample pack that I' trying out. It's a lovely scent, but just not for me. Light and springy, okay for a break from a fave, but I like a perfume with more oomph. Fleurine describes it very well.
27th April, 2012
TOP NOTES
Bergamot, Lemon and Geranium

MIDDLE NOTES
Lily of the Valley, Rose, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine

BASE NOTES
Oakmoss and Sandalwood

Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley is the tomboy of the Muguet soliflores. The addition of unusual notes like geranium and oak moss take what is usually an utterly feminine white floral scent, and cast it in a more complex chypre-like role. Do I detect teensiest weensiest bit of rubbery/leatheriness in there?
If the Guerlain Muguet is Grace Kelly on her wedding day, and Diorissimo is Diana Spencer during her engagement to the Prince of Wales, then the Penhaligon Lily of the Valley is Katherine Hepburn in khakis and a polo shirt. Green, clean, and wholesome.
12th February, 2012
Very very green, cool and powdery white perfume with amazing lasting power. This is lovely and yet a little old fashioned. It reminds me of spring and the dense green and white blanket of fragrant flowers that covers the forest floor, leaves still wet from passing rain. Almost virginal/bridal in it's innocence. To me, this fragrance is very Finnish as it is our national flower as well. I do love this, but also tend get bored with it very fast and wear it only occasionally.
08th February, 2012

Add your review of Lily of the Valley

Shop for Lily of the Valley products online

Shop for Lily of the Valley at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lily of the Valley

Member images of Lily of the Valley

There are no member images of Lily of the Valley yet. Why not be the first?