Elisabethan Rose (1984)

Elisabethan Rose information

Year of Launch1984

HousePenhaligon's

About Elisabethan Rose

Elisabethan Rose is a feminine perfume by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 1984

Elisabethan Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Elisabethan Rose

Very feminine scent with a nice soft base note. Light and rosy smelling as you might expect. Reminds me of the small kitchen in my childhood home; I would cut my mother's tea roses and put them in a little round vase and it made the kitchen smell so good. Good scent for spring and summer, I think.
18th April, 2012
This was the very first fragrance I tried from the range (apart from the lily of the valley my mother had, cliched I know) and still holds a special place. I still remember the next day as I went to put on my overcoat that lovely, subtle rosy aroma unexpectedly wafted into my nose. Nowadays however it seems that unless I do smell it without realising it smells very aldehyde-like and sharp, somewhat blocking the rose. It is very fresh and clean, not at all heavy or too heady, just a nice, light watercolour of roses, with a classic, English feel
19th November, 2009
One of the top five roses IMHO - very lovely scent
11th August, 2009
memories Show all reviews
A light fresh rose that is a delight in the warmer months. It doesn't stay on my skin long but is a classic beauty.
21st March, 2009
This is an excellent and powerful tea rose scent. Despite the 8 ingredients listed, my nose can only distinguish this one ingredient. Very feminine and a little goes a very long way. Odd that it is named Elisabethan Rose, in that the tea rose did not arrive in the UK until the late 18th century and didn't flourish there until the mid-late 19th century. The name connotes that it was a scent in existence during the reign of Elizabeth I, but could not have been. Perhaps it's named after another "Elisabeth." Wonderful in any case as soap, lotion, powder, as well as cologne.

Top Notes: Aldehydes; Geranium
Middle Notes: Camomile; Violet; Rose
Base Notes: Musk; Amber; Sandalwood
21st January, 2009
In many respects, the English cousin of our American Tea Rose (Perfumer's Workshop).

Elegant, understated, soft and sweet. Somewhat powdery in the dry-down, just as I had expected. Never overpowering or soapy, though.

A superb gift for a young lady.
09th January, 2008

Add your review of Elisabethan Rose

Shop for Elisabethan Rose products online

Shop for Elisabethan Rose at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Elisabethan Rose

Member images of Elisabethan Rose

There are no member images of Elisabethan Rose yet. Why not be the first?