Ormolu (1987)

Average Rating:

Ormolu information

Ormolu is a women's fragrance by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 1987

Reviews of Ormolu

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Top Notes - Armoise, Chamomile, Bergamot
    Middle Notes - Jasmine, Rose, Violet, Ylang
    Base Notes - Sandalwood, Musk, Moss, Amber

This one shoots down my image of Penhaligon fragrances being dignified, tasteful, and impeccable creations. The first sniff gives me an excellent herbal / floral accord that lasts for about ten seconds before it morphs into a pushy grape bubblegum note. I donít know what in the top notes causes this response to my nose Ė this is the kind of reaction I sometimes get from sweet fruity accords with almond in it. After the first ten seconds, I donít smell any chamomile in this super sweet accord, and I sure wish I did Ė it would cut the overly sweet, powdery response that I am getting. The fragrance never reaches the middle florals for me; it stays with the powdery bubblegum accord, reducing intensity until it just sort of peters out with no swansong. For a drydown I get no moss or sandalwood, but I do get a negligible amber and musk: the sweetness nor the powder just donít let up for me. I can certainly understand why Ormulu was discontinued: I highly approve.

08th May, 2008

Add your review of Ormolu

Member images of Ormolu

There are no member images of Ormolu yet. Why not be the first?