LP No. 9 (1998)
    by Penhaligon's

LP No. 9 Fragrance Notes

Reviews of LP No. 9

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

A masculine mix of herbs and forward lavender eventually making way for some geranium and rose. There's an awful lot going - it wouldn't surprise me if there's a full chypre structure buried in here somewhere.

Usually these mixes of spices and flowers turn into favorites for me, but for whatever reason, I keep finding LP No.9 a little dull. It's not doing anything wrong - I suppose I just don't care for lavender that much.

Meh.

04 March, 2014

Mrs Purple's avatar
    Mrs Purple

I love wearing this every now and then.

Not my favourite ever, but the fact that I own some means I do prefer it over other fragrances :)

28 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2013)

Harvitz81's avatar
    Harvitz81

A very green and floral one. Starts with a little citrus notes, but the green and floral notes take over quickly. The green tarragon and floral jasmine are the two notes that stand out most to me. Settles into a slight spicey and vanilla accord towards the end, but overall not that interesting and not my cup of tea.

09 February, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

The beginning of this classic fougere  with its  plenty of citrus, aromatic herbs, lavender and spices is severe, assertive, earthy and botanic. I agree who with writes that in this phase the fragrance seems a shadowy masculine, traditional with its combination of lavender, lime, a touch of moss, patchouli and bergamot. In this stage i catch the particular presence of terragon, an aromatic and "anisy" green note that i appreciate a lot in parfumery. It takes a while to start the floral-spicy explosion that is the middle stage before the fragrance morphs is a sort of delicate milky-musky floral with the dominant note of jasmine and carnation and with some rosey nuances whirling in the air. I smell some similarities with the scent of Dune Dior although this one is more earthy, classic and botanic. I guess some clove and cinnamon are in the almost tasty mix. Not bad, natural, finally soft but a bit poor in complexity and feminine sophistication.

21st December, 2011 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

Top: lemon, geranium, bergamot, tarragon, lavender
    Mid: carnation, rose, jasmine
    Base: cinnamon, patchouli, musk, amber, cedar, vanilla

Kind of an odd duck. The juice is a pink-purple colour. It starts with a good green note, from the tarragon (hay, grass) and geranium (perky green rose). It is so green at this point that I suspect the presence of galbanum. A dusky and almost metallic note is in the middle. Translucent in style. Is it pleasant? Not sure. Certainly different. Vanilla takes over, eventually. Sweetens things somewhat, fights with the wood. The metallic note lingers. Not particularly attractive.

12 December, 2010

nenuquito's avatar
    nenuquito

This is the only Penhaligon's fragrance I do not like and quite a difference from the Men's counterpart. Saying that they do share the same spicy, oriental heart but this is fresher but just doesn't smell good to me at all. If it was a little sweeter perhaps, like the Malabah, yet it is comparable to rotten wood I would say, certainly not a love potion!

19 November, 2009