Wind Song (1952)

HousePrince Matchabelli
Parent CompanyParfums de Coeur
Parent Company at launchChesebrough-Pond's

About Wind Song

Wind Song is a feminine perfume by Prince Matchabelli. The scent was launched in 1952

Reviews of Wind Song

JDBIII Show all reviews
Wow. I remember my sister wearing this when we were teens. To me it smelled so adult and serious. Well, forty years later I am sniffing a vintage bottle just bought off eBay and the memories come rushing back. A beautiful, somber floral with a graceful, almost transparent clove. Very classy and cool. This has always been a "drug store" perfume, cheap enough for schoolgirls to afford. Today, this might be considered unisex; I know I will enjoy wearing it. I have no idea what the current iteration smells like, but with restrictions on eugenol it is probably a bit tamer. Go find a vintage and live a little.
26th July, 2016 (last edited: 01st August, 2016)
adelsa Show all reviews
An Ode to Windsong
I was young and innocent when we first met.
Your spicy florals I'll never forget.
You sweetened the chapel the day I vowed,
A virginal bride, footprinting a cloud.
We made lovely memories, engraved on my soul,
(blush) HUSH! Some shouldn't be told.
Many others have scented my wrists,
But you,my true love; sweet Springtime Bliss.
I spray you now, mist falls on my hair,
Cold winters vanish with Spring in the air.
Another spritz then enwraps my skin,
Time flies backward, I'm a virgin again.
10th July, 2016 (last edited: 17th July, 2016)
I have not worn Wind Song in decades, and I have no idea what the current formulation smells like, but I remember Wind Song as a dupe of Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps, which is not to say there was anything wrong with Wind Song, but I think L'Air du Temps EdP is much nicer with better projection and sillage. If you like one, you will probably like the other. Both are soft, very feminine florals. I still wear L'Air du Temps EdP because it is elegant and delicious. : )

Fragrance: 6/10
Projection: 4/10
Sillage: 4/10
Longevity: 4/10
17th April, 2016
Overall, I like it. It's sweet and spicy and an ageless, affordable classic. I wish it didn't get so soapy and had better sillage/projection. I can only find the kind in the aerosol can, these days. I'd prefer the liquid. Rather summery and nice. If it were more expensive I probably wouldn't bother with it....but since it's affordable....I'll continue to repurchase from time to time.
09th February, 2012
I used to wear this in my late teens, as I liked it a lot and it was "ladylike", a Mom-word that, for good or ill, looms large in the psyches of women who grew up in Middle America in the '50s or '60s. Anyway, I wore it enough to burn out on it eventually. Hadn't worn it in 40 years when I recently saw some at Dollar General (!), in the sort of little metal spray can used for knockoffs of the "Our version of. . ." type. It was labeled as the real thing, though, so for $2 (!!!), I took a chance. And there it was. Diluted a lot, yes, and in tacky packaging, but to my amateur nose as soft and warm and quietly radiant as I remembered. This is a scent a woman of any age can wear almost anywhere, except in fishing grubbies. . . .or around perfumistas too "advanced" to admit it just plain smells good. :)
09th November, 2011
Tephra Show all reviews
I loved this scent as a teenager in the 80s. It had a lot of the light florals that were popular but with a more solid base of musk and a touch of spice. Unfortunately it seems to react quite differently on my adult chemistry and has a sharp, sour chemical scent when first applied. If I can tolerate that it will fade into a warm, pleasant floral in about half an hour, but who wants to deal with the stink that long?

If your chemistry can handle it it's a wonderful musky floral.
18th October, 2011

Add your review of Wind Song

Shop for Wind Song products online

Shop for Wind Song at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Wind Song

Member images of Wind Song

There are no member images of Wind Song yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Wind Song