Lauren (1978)

PackagingBen Kotyuk
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections
Parent Company at launchWarner Communications > Warner Cosmetics

About Lauren

Lauren is a feminine perfume by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 1978 and the bottle was designed by Ben Kotyuk

Reviews of Lauren

Roja Dove tells us that Bernard Chant, who created the great chypre, Cabochard, is behind Ralph Lauren's signature scent.

He calls it a "fresh, spicy chypre" and notes the addition of violet, marigold and jonquil to the classic chypre pyramid.

Turin is not impressed with the reformulation, calling it a "muguet pretender" and giving it only two stars.

Top notes: Orange, Tarragon, Petitgrain, Marigold, Rosewood, Pineapple, Spearmint
Heart notes: Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Lilac, Jasmine, Muguet, Cyclamen, Jonquil, Clove
Base notes: Cedarwood, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Carnation, Musk

The original Lauren was truly a nice spicy chypre, similar to R&G's Le Jade or Gres' Homme de Gres, not extraordinary, but perfectly nice if you love chypres. The reformulation smells to me like a green plastic mess, totally undistinguished.
01st November, 2014
I was given this by my high-school sweetheart as a Junior (11th grade). I remember it as being warm, heavy and spicy/woodsy. I enjoyed it quite a bit, took it with me to college, and used up the bottle. It was especially nice during sweater season.

Many others were wearing this at the time, as it was a fairly well-known and popular fragrance.
18th October, 2014
Mature female scent

This was my mother's signature scent. This fragrance is for a mature adult, this will not work for someone under 30. Nice scent for evenings and winter. I would never suggest wearing this scent during the summer unless it were a late evening.

Pros: mature, dries down nice
Cons: hard to find "

04th August, 2013
Men love this on a female

I RARELY ever comment on or review a female fragrance, but since I first smelled this in '91 I HAVE TO let every girl know what she needs to wear to get his attention

floral, pleasantly strong yet not overpowering.

lasts long on her skin, strong projection

theres something here that drives men crazy.

the original (or whatever it was in '91) was a solid 5 stars. this comes close, albeit not quite.

4.5/5

Pros: huge turn on for the man
Cons: hard to find"

14th July, 2013
My purchase of what was one of my all time favorite scents gave me the BLUES. What I remember as a fresh apple kind of smell has turned into one of those pretend perfume sticks I got as a child. Boo. The bottle is still gorgeous, but Ew to the scent.
06th April, 2013
I feel it is a crime what has been done to this beautiful fragrance. At one time this was the most beautiful "fresh" fragrance you could wear, and now the reformulation is a watery, weak version of what it once was. Occasionally you can get a whiff of what it once was, and I keep a small bottle around for nostalgia sake. The thumbs up is for what it used to be.

The best way I can sum it up is this fragrance has lost its soul.
02nd September, 2012

Add your review of Lauren

Shop for Lauren products online

Shop for Lauren at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lauren

Member images of Lauren

There are no member images of Lauren yet. Why not be the first?