Romance (1998)

HouseRalph Lauren
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Romance

Romance is a feminine perfume by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Reviews of Romance

rbaker Show all reviews
A sweetish and fruity concoction, mainly lychee and a mild ginder accent, which in the drydown shifts to become mainly a floral composition.

The floral impressions in the heart notes are mainly freesia, lotus and violet, the latter being dominant on my skin and the most convincing detail in this mix

The base is a soft patchouli mixed with a woodsy undertone; all this is topped off by white musks. The middle phase and the base are very lackluster and thin on my skin.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and an excellent eight hours of longevity on my skin.

A spring scent that is very synthetic most if the time, and, apart form the violet contribution, overly generic. It performs quite well though, but overall is really not even mediocre. 1.75/5.
24th April, 2017
A highly generic, highly chemical, fruity floral that morphs into a typical oceanic nonentity.

Not awful, but so common as to have minus twelve creativity or ingenuity about it.

The sort of scent that tells me to avoid those who like it as having no taste in scent at all.
22nd March, 2017
This is one of two perfumes I wear. Loving romance may come down to your body chemistry. It works for me, which is no small feat! (I even have to wear men's deodorant!)
The florals are intense at first, clean and soapy and fresh, but after the dry down the florals are quite nearly gone on me, and it's very warm and woodsy and... a little bit of a good leather smell? I wear it spring and summer, then switch for fall and winter. I'm always happy to pick it up again.
10th January, 2017
A nice, refreshing floral scent that doesn't smell too sweet or damp. Best for summers.
07th November, 2016
For a long time this was the signature scent of one of my girlfriends. I’d always loved how it smelled on her, but I never thought to buy it myself. But now this has been added to my stable, as my best mate gave me a bottle of this for my birthday recently ☺ Straight up, I get the lily, the ginger and the chamomile – an unusual combination, but rather nice. After an hour or so, I get the tiniest waft of violet with a hint of wood. This is mostly all flowers on me though, but not in a sickly way. It makes me think of a burying my nose in a big mixed bunch of flowers: the sweetness of the roses, the spicy-sweet carnations, the heady richness of the lilies, but with an underlying green note that cuts through the sweetness. This is such a fresh, clean, pretty fragrance. The weather is already warming up here, and I could see this working very well in summer, especially at the end of a long, hot day – you’d have a nice, cool shower, then spritz some of this on. I don’t know if it’s because it has been reformulated, or the way this reacted with her skin chemistry (or perhaps a bit of both) but I remember this being a bit more musky on my friend when she wore it. I think this would work well layered with something like Halloween Fever or BCBG Max Azria.
03rd October, 2016
Salutation.

A Modern creation destined to become a Classic as it will never go out of Style. ROMANCE is One of Those Fragrances that You do not get tired of wearing.A Light and Natural fragrance inspired by the Elements of Nature. Elegant,Sophisticated,Subtle,Floral, Chic,Soft,Romantic in a Gentle Way Without Seduce.

This feminine Scent possesses a blend of Delightful Flowers and Delicate Fruits as Makes it a Freshness and Luminous scent.This Scents Evoke the aroma of a Spring Garden and Inspired by the Idea of a Pure Love and Intimacy.

This Light and Everlasting Perfume stays with you where ever you go without Over powering.Lovely for Daytime Wear.It is Sophisticated enough for Evening wear too. Perfect for SPRINGTIME.Excellent for a BLITHE Character. Anyway if You are Sensitive to Strong and Heavy smells You can not go wrong with this one.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

15th May, 2015

Add your review of Romance

Shop for Romance products online

Shop for Romance at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Romance

Member images of Romance

There are no member images of Romance yet. Why not be the first?