Romance (1998)

HouseRalph Lauren
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Romance

Romance is a feminine perfume by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Reviews of Romance

A nostalgic thumbs up for me. I do tend to like young, light, flirty, "cheap" perfume on women. Guess that's my type, ha.

Smells thin and generic but mostly the same from the original version, which I was a big fan of back in the 90s. It feels like the current version is thinner than the original, but maybe I'm just romanticizing it. Good memories from this one.

This has very good projection during the first few hours. The drydown lasts for many hours afterward, maybe 10 total, and is just clean florals and musks, like nice soap. Also, this isn't too far from being unisex because of how clean it is, just my opinion. Well, that's not true, my wife agreed when I asked her if a guy could pull this off, so I'm not the only one.
06th February, 2020
Romance was a fragrance that I looked forward to testing because I love Ralph Lauren Safari and had reasonably high expectations for Romance, but Romance is definitely not another Safari. Where to begin?

I really do not enjoy giving any fragrance a thumbs down, but Romance is a very synthetic mishmash of notes that smell more like a very inexpensive floral-type air freshener than anything else, and it gave me a bit of headache. I would not want to smell this even in a public convenience much less on myself or anyone else in the room with me. I am thoroughly disappointed as well as sad that the legendary Ralph Lauren's name is on this product. I am glad I did not purchase it blindly and only had a sample of it which I will promptly pass on. This is one of the very few fragrances that I would not wear even if it were gifted me.

Fragrance: 1/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10 (Thank goodness!)
02nd September, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
A sweetish and fruity concoction, mainly lychee and a mild ginder accent, which in the drydown shifts to become mainly a floral composition.

The floral impressions in the heart notes are mainly freesia, lotus and violet, the latter being dominant on my skin and the most convincing detail in this mix

The base is a soft patchouli mixed with a woodsy undertone; all this is topped off by white musks. The middle phase and the base are very lackluster and thin on my skin.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and an excellent eight hours of longevity on my skin.

A spring scent that is very synthetic most if the time, and, apart form the violet contribution, overly generic. It performs quite well though, but overall is really not even mediocre. 1.75/5.
24th April, 2017
A highly generic, highly chemical, fruity floral that morphs into a typical oceanic nonentity.

Not awful, but so common as to have minus twelve creativity or ingenuity about it.

The sort of scent that tells me to avoid those who like it as having no taste in scent at all.
22nd March, 2017
This is one of two perfumes I wear. Loving romance may come down to your body chemistry. It works for me, which is no small feat! (I even have to wear men's deodorant!)
The florals are intense at first, clean and soapy and fresh, but after the dry down the florals are quite nearly gone on me, and it's very warm and woodsy and... a little bit of a good leather smell? I wear it spring and summer, then switch for fall and winter. I'm always happy to pick it up again.
10th January, 2017
A nice, refreshing floral scent that doesn't smell too sweet or damp. Best for summers.
07th November, 2016

Add your review of Romance

Shop for Romance products online

Shop for Romance at online perfumeries

Romance Perfume By RALPH LAUREN FOR WOMEN 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray

Midnight Romance Eau De Parfum

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 14:52:23 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $56.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Romance Perfume By RALPH LAUREN FOR WOMEN 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray(TES)

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 14:52:55 PDT

Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance 0.34 Oz Eau De Parfum Rollerball Rare

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 15:00:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Midnight Romance Perfume By RALPH LAUREN WOMEN 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray(TES)

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 15:06:21 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $56.95

Pre-owned Ralph Lauren Romance Men After Shave Gel 2.5 oz 75 ml 70% Full

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 15:11:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Romance Ralph Lauren W 3.4 Oz EDP Sp 2.5 Body Moisturizer 2.5 SG 5.1 Mist GifSet

End Date: Sunday Mar-29-2020 15:12:13 PDT