Ralph (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Ralph

Aimed at 15-25 year olds, (or Generation Y). The scent is named after RL's junior line.

Reviews of Ralph

I am beginning to see why some people (mistakenly) think that all modern fruity-florals smell the same! :D They definitely don't, but I wore "Tommy Girl" by Tommy Hilfiger yesterday, and today I'm wearing "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren (for women.) While these two perfumes are not really precisely "the same", they definitely both have a very similar floral heart based around magnolia, giving them both a very similar quality. Another feminine perfume that is quite similar to both of these as well is "Curious" by Britney Spears, which is one that I used to wear as a signature scent on an almost regular basis, so I definitely recognize the notes!
However, there are some important differences. "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren has a lot of tart, juicy apple in the top notes, and that is really the most obvious thing I immediately notice when I first spray this one on. Because of that, I also almost want to compare it to one of the DKNY "Delicious" perfumes as well. However, I actually feel like the apple note is a lot more "well done" in "Ralph" than in most of the DKNY line. Personally, I actually never cared for the original DKNY "Be Delicious" and always kind of felt like it just seemed like wearing apple juice! "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren has a completely different feel to it though, in my humble opinion. Tart juicy apple is quite dominant in the top notes, but to me, it's a nicer smell than the DKNY perfume. Also, the top notes fade out after maybe ten to fifteen minutes, and after that the scent is actually mainly a very pretty, delicate, light, fresh floral, with maybe just a faint hint of sweet fruity notes. As I said, magnolia is definitely a dominant note in this one, as well as the freesia. I also feel that this perfume has a "flavored tea" quality to it as well, particularly in the dry down. Overall, I definitely like this one, and I can definitely see myself purchasing either a bottle of this, or the rollerball scent. In either case, I would definitely wear this! I used to get compliments all the time when I wore "Curious", so I know other people tend to like when I wear this type of fragrance too. :) I definitely recommend this to all women (and young girls) who want a light, pretty, fresh fruity-floral that can easily be worn every day, and for all occasions. I don't think they will be disappointed.
08th November, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Fresh and light

Apple Tree Leaves, Yellow Freesia, Italian Mandarin

Middle Notes Japanese Osmanthus, Magnolia, Linden Blossom, Freesia, Boronia

Base Notes Musk, White Orris

The top note is my favourite part - fresh apple with a mandarine citrus note and a flowery core - the magnolia is quite pleasant. Unfortunately the base notes are generic and dull, but taken as a light, fresh and sporty whiff in summer this does the trick. Silage, projection and longevity - less than three hours - are limited, but that is not unexpected is a light summery scent.

19th October, 2013
I find this fragrance refreshing, hence the reason as to why I refer to Ralph as my sporty perfume. It smells a lot like green apple and magnolia. I don't usually wear this when I go out, this is more of a "sitting at home - relaxing" type of scent. It's a great perfume to spritz on just after a shower or a run because it smells so fresh and clean.

26th April, 2011
Ah, Ralph. This was my very first perfume. It's a beautiful, young fruity fragrance. I bought some more again last summer- it's a classic!
30th October, 2010
A fresh, clean smelling scent with some fruits and green notes through top and mid. Nothing particularly exciting here, and I think there's both fruitier and fresher elsewhere. I would say this is summer wear, with ok longevity considering its type. It's not sensual or intimate, just breezy. The floral notes are quite clean and green, not overly powdery, very youthful.

Still this has some redeeming qualities, is quite inoffensive and wearable, the sillage (minor but present) is quite pleasant and smells nicer than sniffing your own skin. It's accessible for those that might otherwise avoid florals, because of the fresh/clean presentation.
30th July, 2010
I've smelled this perfume before as a sample in a magazine and loved it! Lovely scent for anyone who likes fruity fragrances. Might be too overbearing for people who have sensitive senses of smell, though. One of those scents that you have to experience for yourself to know whether you'll like it or not.
12th January, 2010

Add your review of Ralph

Shop for Ralph products online

Shop for Ralph at online perfumeries

5pc RALPH LAUREN POLO RED EDT Mini Sample Spray Vials 0.05fl.oz each New Carded

Buy It Now for only: $148.50

LOVE BY RALPH LAUREN EAU DE PARFUM SPLASH 7ML

Buy It Now for only: $52.50

Member images of Ralph

There are no member images of Ralph yet. Why not be the first?