Ciara (1973)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseRevlon
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc

About Ciara

Ciara was originally marketed as being "by Charles Revson" (Revson was the founder of Revlon). Later on the brand was changed to that of Revlon.

The fragrance was launched in the Autumn of 1973, the same year as the brand's iconic Charlie fragrance.

Ciara fragrance notes

Reviews of Ciara

I've been wearing this since the late 80's. It's intense and lasts all day or night. I'm a sucker for balsamic, sweetish woody orientals. I think this has just the right balance of neroli, bergamot, rosewood, orris, and leather, opoponax, musk, incense, and cedar. If there is vanilla in the base, it is well hidden as a "sweet" note.

It's brash and blaring. Borders on cheap slut or old geezer. It smolders. It annoys. A perfect fragrance for chameleon personalities.
15th January, 2018
I didn't like the smell of this perfume, I had an aunt who wore it all the time and it didn't smell very good on her so I never thought to try it.When I turned 30 I decided to try it on and it's like this scent was made for me,I love the way it smells on me and I get compliments when I wear it.I wear other fragrances but I always come back to Ciara
12th September, 2016
An sensual smell which makes you feel queen of the night.i would imagine a velvety night sky a mysterious,beautiful withc sitting in front of her fireplace and a dark satin drap over and aroud her.it is sexy and warm masculine yet eventually utterly feminine.sensuous and sensual,tempting in a quite reserved way therefore even more attracting even more appealing.Balsamic,Bold,Sweet,Smoky,Provocative,Woody and,Intensely Rich and Mysteriously Seductive.

This scent sings with top notes of citrus and raspberry bringing them together with a opulent heart of ylang ylang,rosewood and jasmine for a decidedly decadent sensory experience.finishing with warm and deep base notes that include leather,opoponax,incence and vanilla for a sophisticaded and classy woman who she wants to make a great statement in her special evening wear.i can also detect benzoin which makes it a little more incense but does not add any sweetness. not for the faint hearted.if you want to feel like a femme fatale CIARA is what you need.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.5/10
05th September, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is a rich, vanilla-rich oriental that always rubbed me the wrong way. I know women who wore this back when it was an upmarket Charles Revson product and it always smelled a little heavy-handed to me; where Shalimar, Emeraude and Opium sing, this one shouts. That said, a very well made scent, great quality and--at the time--fronted by the beautiful Lauren Hutton. I once knew a lady--very much of a grande dame--who wore Bal a Versailles as her signature (she always bought a bottle when she traveled). On a trip to Paris, knowing that she would be buying a bottle, she took a small bottle of Ciara to use up on the trip, coming home with a new bottle of her favorite Bal a Versailles. She was wearing Ciara, which she considered a throw away scent, one night while dining at the Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. A Frenchman walked past her table as he was being shown to his own. To his wife's horror, the man left her at their table, retraced his steps back to my friend's table and complimented her--a total stranger--on her perfume. Brave, foolhardy man! So ironic that a Frenchman should compliment and American woman--even a real looker--on an American perfume!
21st October, 2015
My husband got this for me ages ago because it was a scent he used to like. Personally? It doesn't work for me. The best way I can describe it is that it smells...grandmotherly. Too musky, too sweet. It made me feel 70, and it just lasts and lasts and lasts.

No offense to anyone who likes this, and I'm sure it's simply something that makes it not smell good on me. For his sake, I wish I didn't dislike it so much, but unfortunately, it just doesn't work. It smells like it wants to be sexy, but it doesn't make me feel that way at all.
21st December, 2014
This was released by Revson, not Revlon, and in 1963, not 1973, as erroneously reported above.

It is a rich, creamy vanilla oriental - of the Tabu, Tuvara, Youth Dew, Occur!, Chantilly school. Not as heavy or dense as some of those, but very voluptuous and delectable.

Barbara Herman finds it spicy with sweet fruit, then powdery with orris, then dry with a resin, incense, myrrh aura.

The only ingredient I am not familiar with is the Palmarosa.

If you like the above list of inexpensive vanilla-based orientals, you will love this.
07th July, 2014 (last edited: 26th May, 2015)

Add your review of Ciara

Shop for Ciara products online

Shop for Ciara at online perfumeries

Revlon Ciara 80 Strength Concentrate Parfum Perfume 1/2 Oz Spray

CIARA 100 Strength by Revlon EDC 2.3 FL.OZ Damaged box- No Cellophane

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 11:01:04 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Fragrance Revlon Ciara 80 strength cologne spray 1.0 oz FREE SHIP MAKE OFFER #D4

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 12:58:26 PST

Ciara 80% by Revlon for Women 2.3 oz Concentrated Cologne Spray New In Box

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 14:40:00 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.96
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Revlon Ciara 100% Strength Concentrated 2.3oz Women's Cologne Spray N. I. B.

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 19:34:24 PST