Jontue (1975)

Parent CompanyRevlon Inc

About Jontue

Jontue is a feminine perfume by Revlon. The scent was launched in 1975

Reviews of Jontue

If you are like me, and have a difficult time with florals, you just may want to give this oldie-but-goody a try. I was very happily surprised.

A mossy base and light musk mix with friendly white flowers to make this a distinctive (and affordable) choice for daytime wear. An unexpected treat that lasts all day.

To be honest, though, I didn't wear the vintage, so this humble reformulation has nothing to live up to in my mind. I understand how heart-breaking it is to return to a fragrance that has the same name as something you wore and loved, but not the same scent. (My own heart-ache is Halston).

Edited to add: the more I wear this, the more inclined I am to think of this as a well-grounded ode to chamomile. I just love it!

16th August, 2016 (last edited: 02nd May, 2017)
Oviatt Show all reviews
I have a real soft spot for this scent because many girls in my youth wore it and it perfectly embodies the sweet, feminine teenager of that time. The romantic, girly girls wore this--the sporty ones all wore Charlie--and channelled a Stevie Nicks sort of vibe. Lots of white flowers, from orange blossom and gardenia to a light rose sit atop a light musk base. A decade later, these same girls would have been wearing Anais Anais with the same effect. Decades before, they would have been wearing White Shoulders. This is what a teenage boys smells when he summons up the courage to kiss a girl for the first time (the Charlie wearers might have initiated the kissing, but not the Jontue girls!). If schoolboys' dreams were ever haunted by a scent, Jontue would be it.
09th March, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A colourful floral

A fresh, bright start including bergamot and gardenia with a bright and light rose component. Later a darker rose is added with mimosas and a green touch. The end phase is characterized by lots of benzoin, together with soft patchouli and white musk. Overall a fresh floral composition with a nice green touch. Sunshine on the flower fields.

28th August, 2013
Like a child with a little change pumping his or her first Slush Puppy (Try a pump or two of every flavor! That has to be awesome!), Revlon tries to fit every flower at hand into a single bottle. If you, the reader, have ever fallen victim to the one-of-each approach to frozen drink mixing you can probably imagine how well Jontue works.
01st April, 2011
I wore this in the 70s in my teens, but mainly because it was one of only a few perfumes available where I lived. I remember it as sweet and fresh and perhaps slightly syrupy, orangey-pink in colour. It was different, though. Perhaps it was a floral in a field of hippy orientals and grown up chypres. To me it will always be a little sister scent.
30th March, 2010
My mom wore this throughout the seventies and eighties, and somewhere into the mid-ninties, there seemed to be a change in the formula. Something tinny and metallic intruded into the floral mix. The current incarnation of Jontue is not the same as the sunny, comforting, fun fragrance that was "mom" all over. Thumbs up to the previous formula.
10th April, 2008

Add your review of Jontue

Shop for Jontue products online

Shop for Jontue at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jontue

Member images of Jontue

There are no member images of Jontue yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads