Jontue (1975)

HouseRevlon
PerfumerFrancis Camail
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc

About Jontue

Jontue is a feminine perfume by Revlon. The scent was launched in 1975 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Camail

Jontue fragrance notes

Reviews of Jontue

Here it is! The scent that started my disgust of Tuberose. Actually I think that it is Tuberose paired with the Orange Blossom, (Yes there is Blossom tucked in there) that turns my stomach and has my lungs seize up. There's no saving grace in this. The Oxygen of Jasmine and gentleness of Gardenia have no space to expand.
I suppose that a large part of my abhorrence to this was shaped by the great gobs, that teenage girls
painted on their selves. In High School.
Scrubber.
I was always interested in the Girls that had better taste, with their dabs of Charlie and Tabu.
Thumbs up only because of the Nose Style Ja.
01st May, 2018
I went through gallons of this when I was young. I currently have a vintage bottle, I found at a "junk-thrift" store. It held up to age very well; the top and base notes are still intact. At the top I smell gardenia, bergamot, chamomile, and rose. I get subtle ylang ylang in the middle. Hours later benzoin, oakmoss, and patchouli for the base.

I have not tried / purchased any newer bottles of this to know how this may have changed. The last bottle I possessed was back in the late 80's. I doubt I would even seek out a version today. I am quite satisfied with my old bottle.

Overall, my bottle of Jontue is a very aromatic floral.
13th February, 2018
If you are like me, and have a difficult time with florals, you just may want to give this oldie-but-goody a try. I was very happily surprised.

A mossy base and light musk mix with friendly white flowers to make this a distinctive (and affordable) choice for daytime wear. An unexpected treat that lasts all day.

To be honest, though, I didn't wear the vintage, so this humble reformulation has nothing to live up to in my mind. I understand how heart-breaking it is to return to a fragrance that has the same name as something you wore and loved, but not the same scent. (My own heart-ache is Halston).

Edited to add: the more I wear this, the more inclined I am to think of this as a well-grounded ode to chamomile. I just love it!

16th August, 2016 (last edited: 02nd May, 2017)
Oviatt Show all reviews
I have a real soft spot for this scent because many girls in my youth wore it and it perfectly embodies the sweet, feminine teenager of that time. The romantic, girly girls wore this--the sporty ones all wore Charlie--and channelled a Stevie Nicks sort of vibe. Lots of white flowers, from orange blossom and gardenia to a light rose sit atop a light musk base. A decade later, these same girls would have been wearing Anais Anais with the same effect. Decades before, they would have been wearing White Shoulders. This is what a teenage boys smells when he summons up the courage to kiss a girl for the first time (the Charlie wearers might have initiated the kissing, but not the Jontue girls!). If schoolboys' dreams were ever haunted by a scent, Jontue would be it.
09th March, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A colourful floral

A fresh, bright start including bergamot and gardenia with a bright and light rose component. Later a darker rose is added with mimosas and a green touch. The end phase is characterized by lots of benzoin, together with soft patchouli and white musk. Overall a fresh floral composition with a nice green touch. Sunshine on the flower fields.

28th August, 2013
Like a child with a little change pumping his or her first Slush Puppy (Try a pump or two of every flavor! That has to be awesome!), Revlon tries to fit every flower at hand into a single bottle. If you, the reader, have ever fallen victim to the one-of-each approach to frozen drink mixing you can probably imagine how well Jontue works.
01st April, 2011

Add your review of Jontue

Shop for Jontue products online

Fleur De Jontue Rose De Mai EDC Spray 0.75 Oz. By Revlon. Unboxed.

End Date: Wednesday Oct-17-2018 11:59:09 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Fleur De Jontue Iris De Fete EDC Spray 0.75 Oz. By Revlon. Unboxed.

End Date: Wednesday Oct-17-2018 12:01:25 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Fleur De Jontue Lotus De Nuit EDC Spray 0.75 Oz. By Revlon. Unboxed.

End Date: Wednesday Oct-17-2018 12:02:38 PDT

Revlon JONTUE Cologne Spray - 2.3 fl oz

End Date: Wednesday Oct-17-2018 18:53:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $2.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vintage Revlon JONTUE Cologne Spray 1.25 fl oz / 36.96 ml -90% Full Bottle LQQK!

End Date: Wednesday Oct-17-2018 20:23:32 PDT