Forever Krystle (1984)
    by Charles of the Ritz

Average Rating: 3

Based on 11 ratings

Forever Krystle information

Named after the Dynasty character played by Linda Evans.

Reviews of Forever Krystle

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

FruitDiet's avatar

"My darling Krystle, I've had this fragrance created especially for you. I think it's as beautiful as you are. Every time you wear it, remember: I love you forever."

Imagine my excitement when I found a new bottle of this at a local pharmacy that also had a full display of Max Factor makeup from the seventies. I inquired about it and the pharmacist said that it had been sitting there since 1986...a year before I was born. He thought I was crazy when I bought it, but how could I not? I'm a huge Dynasty fan, and already have the nightmarish Linda Evans Rejuvenique facial toning system displayed proudly on my bookshelf.

It's about what I expected, meaning 80's drugstore, meaning still better than most of what is released for higher prices today. It's similar to Vanderbilt in that it's a loud, powdery vanilla rose, but what I like is the extreme muskiness of it. The composition feels to be about 50% musk, and a slightly foetid musk that they might not use anymore- it's certainly not detergent-like or clean-smelling at all.
    Yes, it's gauche and cheap, but this is in keeping with the woman it's named after. I love that, before Liz Taylor kicked off the celebrity perfume trend, this fragrance based on a FICTIONAL SOAP OPERA CHARACTER was released and garnered a faithful fan base. The commercial for it is a masterpiece of cheesecloth and syrupy sentiment. Now to seek out its male counterpart, Carrington- I bet it's grim! Anyone know about the Joan Collins one put out by Revlon, called Scoundrel?

Incidentally, Krystle has much better taste on the show; it is mentioned several times that she wears Bal a Versailles, and at one point Alexis lures Blake to Rome, "bathed in Bal a Versailles," as she says, to seduce him away from Krystle.

CELEBRATE THE LOVE THAT LIVES FOREVER.

16 November, 2010

wren08's avatar

Worst perfume ever for me. It makes me physically sick to be around someone wearing it- heavy musk is the culprit.

07 December, 2009

glitteralex's avatar

I just came across a vintage splash bottle of this in EdT form. I must admit that it seems to have suffered oxidation, and I fear the bergamot note has lost some of its freshness. After a few seconds of the 'alcohol' note, a heart of plasticky vanilla rose atop a synthetic resin comes through. The musk makes an appearance after about 15 minutes. I do not see vanilla in the notes, but I am sure it is there. The scent is fairly simple, and linear in nature. Not a complex or symphonic perf. I can see where it would be well-loved by those who wore it, "Forever Krystle" has good and identifiable sillage and longevity. This is most certainly a drugstore frag by nature (many of which I love!), even if it was sold in department stores.

17 September, 2009

sandy1951's avatar

When this was first launched a friend recomended it to me. It was a blinding headache at first sniff. If I can remember anything past the memory of the pain and nausea it was a floral scent, not really bad. Some ingrediant though was instant migraine for me. Later most of the Avon fragrances did the same to a much lesser degree. Forever Krystle wasn't hugely popular thank god because it got to the point that just a small whiff would bring on a headache.

01st June, 2008

Goddess_Dreams's avatar

Forever Krystle is sensational... it's a lasting fragrance that charms your senses and plays intrigue with your imagination... It's one of the first fragrances that made me feel grown-up, I was only about 15 and yet 15 years later it still makes me feel amazing and for that I will always have a very special place for it in my heart and on my nightstand... It's funny though how it reminds me of some of the new ones too, like Trouble by Boucheron.... I was sampling Trouble a while ago and loved it instantly, and although Trouble opens in a slightly different way the middle notes were the exact replica of my beloved Forever Krystle :)

09 March, 2006

Add your review of Forever Krystle

Search for on eBay United States

Forever Krystle BY Charles of the Ritz VINT. 22ML EDT AND 7ML PARFUM NEW IN BOX
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 21 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    FOREVER KRYSTLE PERFUME BY CHARLES OF THE RITZ 40% FULL; USED
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 1 day
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)