Charlie Gold (1995)

Charlie Gold is a feminine perfume by Revlon. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Charlie Gold

Shadya Show all reviews
Nostalgic Charlie Gold

I went shopping for a new perfume in March and had difficulty finding something new to try at Sephora. The scents at the store become blended after smelling a few samples. I decided to buy Charlie on impulse. As a teenager, this was the first scent my mom and I shared when I was living at home. We definitely had different tastes in picking perfume; but Charlie always seemed congenial enough for most any occasion. Like others mentioned, the scent can become too sweet if applied daily. Still, I love this scent after a shower. The notes are vibrant, spicy, and crisp without being overpowering. This scent lasts too, but never beyond a day or evening.

Pros: Cinnamon, Vanilla base notes
Cons: A little sweet

23rd May, 2013
This perfume may be cheap and not have the class and sophistication of perhaps Guerlain or Chanel, but it is in no way a cheap and nasty smelling fragrance. I find this fragrance to be very unique. I agree with Kellstar that the cinnamon certainly stands out in this fragrance. It is sweet without being sickly sweet. I have received many compliments when I wear this. My only criticism is that the lasting power is not that great.

Update: I wore this to bed last night and I was amazed at how amazing this smelt. It warmed on my skin considerably and smelt like a rich and expensive cinnamon and vanilla scent. Even my boyfriend assumed that it was a new perfume because it smelt so different. He actually found it quite sexy, and since he never compliments my fragrances, this is important to note.

26th April, 2011
Lovely vanilla-y scent. Starts a bit floral, but goes very much vanilla on me quite quickly. Can be too sweet (I got my bottle donated from my mother whom it made feel ill), and is perhaps quite an early/pre-teen scent. Though Revlon seem to target all the Charlies at that age group.
For the price though it is a really very decent scent.
19th May, 2008
This was the first fragrance i managed to finish before I got sick of it! I used to love the stuff when I was younger - bought it when I was 10. Good lasting power, nice scent :) Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly harder to find these days
22nd June, 2007

Add your review of Charlie Gold

Shop for Charlie Gold products online

Shop for Charlie Gold at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Charlie Gold

Member images of Charlie Gold

There are no member images of Charlie Gold yet. Why not be the first?