Bandit (1944)

PerfumerGermaine Cellier
Parent CompanyFashion Fragrances & Cosmetics Ltd
Parent Company at launchAlfin Inc

About Bandit

Bandit is a feminine perfume by Robert Piguet. The scent was launched in 1944 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Germaine Cellier

Reviews of Bandit

Bandit is majestic, great but also a tad unapproachable (perhaps because of my gender). Great leather-chypre with tremendous presence and tenacity. Leather is balanced by galbanum, bitterness of oakmoss, and embellished with bone dry herbs. It is similar to Azuree in some respects, but I find Azuree less dry, friendlier and more unisex.

Bandit is definitely not a conventional women's perfume, but I'm having a hard time imagining any guy who could pull this off. Forget all other 'butch' feminines, this one here is indeed THE alpha female perfume, the sort of thing a true dominatrix would wear. Leather preferred, high heels mandatory. Having said all that, let's forget the stereotypes (however blatant those may be), and wear it if you love it. Contradictions are always interesting.

Surely not everyone's cup of tea, but it is terrific.

4.5/5
13th October, 2017
I love chypres, but I now realize that leather chypres are simply too much for me to handle. Azuree and Cabochard and Aramis and Bandit all make me want to run for the hills. Each one is too bitter and too loud and too harsh, while mixed unconvincingly with powdery florals that do nothing but jar and point out the dissonance between the two divisive camps. There's a war going on here, and I don't want the battle to take place so near my clavicle. Eeek.

I have nothing but admiration for those who wear and love this perfume because it is such a ballsy interpretation of a feminine fragrance. I just can't join these militaristic ranks myself.
05th October, 2017
I was expecting an earth shattering monster, given it's reputation. It smells, to me, like Azuree. Lovely, but a let-down.
26th July, 2017
A classic. Reminds me of 1970s musk perfumes. Not so much leather as musk, white floral, and a sharp astringent maybe amber. Smells like a bit of cumin in the top note, but it disappears quickly. Definately a vintage style musk. First made in 1944, It is of the same genera as Jicky. Definately a feminine fragrance.
12th June, 2017
I wanted to love this, because it's such a classic. However, I can't bring myself to like it. All I get from this is leather, civet and oakmoss. It's so bitter, so harsh. There is no relief of sweetness or light. I suppose that's why many people love it, but I'm weak. I want to smell pretty.
27th January, 2017
In todays world of fruity saccharin bombs, it seems inconceivable that such a remorseless leather chypre as this, adorned with citrus, spice and the barest minimum of florals could ever have been created as a feminine.

Black patent leather emerging from a shimmering rainbow sillage, Bandit remains - despite reformulation - an enduring and protean masterpiece, created from under the boot heel of Nazi occupation by that greatest of iconoclasts Germain Cellier.

*****
16th January, 2017 (last edited: 10th March, 2017)

Add your review of Bandit

Shop for Bandit products online

Shop for Bandit at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bandit

Member images of Bandit

There are no member images of Bandit yet. Why not be the first?