Visa (1945)

PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyFashion Fragrances & Cosmetics Ltd
Parent Company at launchAlfin Inc

Reviews of Visa

A well-done women's fragrance, but since I don't like peach, I can't say that I like it. It opens with a mixture of fruit, pears, peaches, plums. Well balanced with woody tones, and something chypre-like subtly in the background.
13th May, 2017
Stardate 20161214:

Current Vintage:
It is oriental. It is Floral.
A nice feminine leaning fragrance.
Like chicken soup on a cold day - Warm and fulfilling.
Recommended.
14th December, 2016
This is a beautiful floral oriental with an abundance of wonderful fruit notes. I love opulent perfumes that carry me back in memory to the pre-IFRA days, and Visa - while it has been reformulated, like every other fragrance - fills that bill. It's warm, gracious, enveloping and inviting, sweet but not smarmy. I think it's lovely.
30th July, 2016
I have a sample of Visa de Robert Piuguet Eau de Parfum from their fragrance counter at the shop. It's great: sweet, powdery, floral, slightly feminine, but more unisex. I like the rose in this. I am starting to embrace the Piguet brand. I have a mini of Bandit I really like, and now wearing this one is impressing me.
18th July, 2016 (last edited: 19th July, 2016)
I am reviewing Visa as came from a sample vial with an unofficial, untraceable plain-print sticker wrapped round it. It just reads, 'Piguet Visa EDP'. For the sake of likelihood I assume it is the 2007 version but my only certainty about it is in the notes.
Visa opens with a ripe peach and plum duo which I recall from many scents from the early 90's. They are couched comfortably in the lactonic folds of vanilla and sandalwood, laced with a dry, green moss. Once the moss has established itself I am reminded immediately of Mitsuoko EDP, only this is at once simpler and plusher. Hints of citrus and white florals insinuate themselves, as a quiet, leathery scent hides in the powder, keeping the composition from spilling into edible territory. So what I get overall is very much an old-school milky chypre with a much smaller presence of base notes, allowing the softer, rosy and juicy tones a little more time to shine. Is this a good thing? I can see Visa as being an intermediary stepping stone either to or from the classics, potentially helping the younger crowd to safely dabble in oakmoss and feminine leathers, or to give classicists some wearable middle ground that fits more in with the modern scheme.
Visa is a perfectly proportioned chimera of styles, and almost a surefire delight for lovers of peach. As soon as I know which Visa I am talking about for certain I'll be sure to let you know.
09th February, 2016
I like the opening of Visa, it's very fruity and airy. But after a short period of time, it goes very heavy and vanillary. Visa had me at ,,Hello!'' with a very peachy, warm and sweet opening, but lost me when it turned too powdery. I could detect sandalwood at dry-down, though peach was nowhere to be found.
03rd July, 2015

Add your review of Visa

Shop for Visa products online

Shop for Visa at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Visa