Fracas (1948)

PerfumerGermaine Cellier
Parent CompanyFashion Fragrances & Cosmetics Ltd
Parent Company at launchAlfin Inc

About Fracas

Fracas is a feminine perfume by Robert Piguet. The scent was launched in 1948 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Germaine Cellier

Reviews of Fracas

Hello daddy, hello mom, I'm your wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh-ite flower bomb.

In a world dominated by elevator-friendly white-noise scents, I get a gleeful kick out of bringing this one out to play every once in a while. It annoys the shit out of my husband, too. One eensy spritz, judiciously applied at the start of the day, will have him hound-dogging his nose in the air through at least late afternoon, protesting, "What on earth did you spray this time?"

Oh, honey, only one of the world's greatest, if polarizing, florals. Deal with it.
02nd June, 2015
Salutation.

What can i say about FRACAS by ROBERT PIQUET other than OMG.This captures the essence and warmth and sensuality in a classy way.Absolutely fascinating and one of the best evening perfumes.Passionate, Alluring,Hot,Classic,Timeless, Floral,Heavy and Masterpiece.

It has adult floral which seems to drive men to the edge of insanity.Rose,Tuberose,Violet,Lily and mandarin orange make way for a rich and sensual brilliance to FRACAS base as it has an underlying sensuality that you get positive feedback from people when wearing it.

This passionate harmony is so impressive as in my opinion Whether you are in jeans or a gown,This EDP draws forth your feminine sensuality as nothing else can.This great perfume strictly reserved for evenings.no doubt it is suitable for a Intrepid lady.I'd say if you want to hook in your man (or a new one),use this.

Sillage?Intoxicating.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

Thank You ROBERT PIQUET.

8.5/10
30th March, 2015
Oof.

I consider myself a Femme Fatale of sorts. I'm in my late 40s, bodacious, I wear stilettos and vamp lipstick and often head to toe black. But I am not woman enough for this scent. The overwhelming scream of that needy, needy tuberose is just too much. I recognize it is a masterpiece of a fragrance but ever since Michael Kors ruined tuberose for ever more I can't smell it and much less tuberose on acid.

I'll leave this one to Madonna.

I have to say I might wear it for one night in a floor length black velvet vintage Givenchy, but not in real life.
10th August, 2014
Two salient facts regarding Fracas:

1.) It’s beautiful.

2.) It can knock down a charging bull elephant at 100 yards.

If you can wear it, more power to you. Most women I smell it on apply far, far too much, which is to say more than one spray. Please, for the love of god, keep it light ladies. Also be aware that Fracas is one of the two most instantly recognizable perfumes of all time. (Chanel No. 5 is the other.) People will say to themselves “Oh, she’s wearing Fracas.” If that thought bothers you, consider another tuberose.

As an aside: I am a man. I wear tuberose. I wear Carnal Flower. I wear Tubéreuse Criminelle. I will not wear Fracas.
14th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is full-on: a jasmine with an orange note that soon gives way to the lead performer: tuberose. A rich, luscious, velvety somber tuberose. In the further drydown a strong violet note mixes with carnation and a touch of coriander to compliment the tuberose. After a flowery interlude where some orange blossom makes an appearance, cedar and musk announce the base notes, with still an
echo of the tuberose palpable. Finally towards the end a nice medium-weight musk forms the swansong of this episodic olfactory voyage. Very good silage and projection with nine hours of longevity. This is for the reformulation. A very nice scent and a great tuberose.

24th January, 2014
The one I have is of course not the original from 1948, but it's still ok although I expect it to be more milky and more body like the real tuberose.
10th December, 2013 (last edited: 12th December, 2013)

Add your review of Fracas

Shop for Fracas products online

Shop for Fracas at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fracas

Member images of Fracas

There are no member images of Fracas yet. Why not be the first?