Graffiti (1963)

Year of Launch1963

HouseRoberto Capucci
Parent CompanyWeruska & Joel

About Graffiti

Graffiti is a feminine perfume by Roberto Capucci. The scent was launched in 1963

Reviews of Graffiti

I had it in my mind that Graffiti was a highly desirable vintage gem: there must have been a time when I saw bottles of this going for a fair price at auction. Well, if this fragrance has its fans, they're not much into writing about it online: I could find out almost nothing about Graffiti via the web, except for mumsy's review, and a very astute (but not very complimentary) review here by sakecat22:

Taken together, I think these other reviewers have really nailed Graffiti's notes. Myself, I can definitely smell the (slightly harsh) green chypre opening, soft aldehydes, woody violets -plus a certain 'cardboardy' quality.

For me, the best thing about Graffiti is its violet heart (coz I generally love violetty frags). This middle phase is reminiscent of one of my vintage faves: Faberge's 'Straw Hat'. But even in parfum form, Graffiti lacks the intensity I would expect (I have tested two separate parfum minis, and they are similarly subtle) - especially given the lively name.

I considered giving Graffiti a neutral rating because, while pleasant enough, I probably won't be giving it another thought after hitting the 'submit' button on this review. However, its launch year of 1963 (my birth year!) is enough to tip the balance of my opinion to positive.
02nd June, 2012
mumsy Show all reviews
A honeyed jumble of notes for the start. My mini sample has green chypre qualities but at one point in the middle there seems to be a sharp patchouli note arguing with a floral violetty note. It settles down to a honeyed tonka-ish amber.
03rd September, 2011

Add your review of Graffiti

Shop for Graffiti products online

Search Amazon for Graffiti

Member images of Graffiti

There are no member images of Graffiti yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Graffiti (1963)