Lavande Royale (1899)

Reorchestrated in 1991

Reviews of Lavande Royale

A nice traditional lavender

From a vintage EdT sample:

The lavender in the opening is beautiful and balanced; really nice. A touch of orange is also present. After about thirty minutes it changes quite dramatically to a mildly spicy wood/musk scent, but interestingly after another half hour the lavender re-emerges in a deeper and slightly darker form that lasts until the end, fading out over time and close to my skin at the end. Silage and projection are adequate, longevity acceptable - over three hours.

14th July, 2013
I agree with awesomeness...this is all man, and not really feminine, but it can be unisex. I scored 2 bottles of the 6.8ox on eBay and I have been in love since. My first impression of it was terrible: thick dusty, sneezy. But I have come to love it. It really needs time and the right atmosphere to rock it. I layer it a lot...almost daily. It has successfully pulled me head on into the Eau De Cologne craze. Definitely worth a try, if you have time to allow it to be what it is: a fantastic EdC that doesn't start out that way.
12th August, 2011
A very nice fragrance from Roger et Gallet. Be sure and use the EDC (spectacular!) and not the EDT (too heavy!) which is what I suspect some of the folks with negative comments here may have tried. Unlike the sweet compound lavender of L'Occitane that adds marigold and peach making it impossible for a man to wear this is essential lavender at its best. Raw, light and bracing. No, it doesn't last forever but R&G eau de colognes aren't supposed to send people running from the room. If you like a basic lavender cologne, this one is hot!
25th January, 2009 (last edited: 26th June, 2009)
Is THIS something? Sorry, what? Can't figure out nothing... And I bought it blind (and left nose at home...) expecting to find some classic-old-good stuf...! Nonsense. Gonna give it to my mother-in-law (84yo)... expecting she already lost her nose !
20th November, 2008
This is a lavender fragrance of eau de cologne strength... As a straight forward lavender scent, it should present a more impressive lavender note: the one presented is rather lifeless and bland. It's not a bad version, but it simply should have a little more character. The main note comes off as lacking in nuance and delicacy. Lavande Royale also lacks longevity... I mean it is even shorter lasting than the typical citrus splash cologne. While the lavender note lasts, the sillage is quite good.

This is not a terrible fragrance, it just could have much more going for it than its very reasonable price. I am an avid fan of several of the Roger & Gallet light colognes - ginger, vetiver, and Jean Marie Farina - but this one doesn't work for me. For someone who wants a superior light lavender cologne, I would recommend Cauldey Island Lavender.
23rd August, 2008 (last edited: 20th September, 2011)
I love the smell of lavender, especially fresh lavender. Lavande Royale has none of that. This reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix song, “Purple Haze.” This is a dense, thick cloud of scent; it is the fragrance equivalent of Jimi’s cascading cloud of notes. If a man may express an opinion on a women’s fragrance, I’d suggest lavender lovers need to keep looking. R&G has some lovely scents, I don’t think this is one of them.
06th March, 2007

Add your review of Lavande Royale

Shop for Lavande Royale products online

Search Amazon for Lavande Royale

Member images of Lavande Royale

There are no member images of Lavande Royale yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Lavande Royale (1899)