Daliflor (2000)

Parent CompanyCofinluxe

About Daliflor

Daliflor is a feminine perfume by Salvador Dali. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Daliflor

Anyone interested in reading my reviews lately might be excused for thinking that I specialize in negative ones. The last few have been because I'm disposing of scents I don't like... (any more, I guess, since I acquired them once, yes!)

I hadn't worn Daliflor EdT for a while, but as I keep all my scents in a cool dark cupboard they don't spoil. I have a Kashaya de Kenzo in there bought in 1995 which is as lovely as ever.

This is how the big D hit me today: opening harshly green, it rapidly segued to loud sour rose. I washed my wrists. Too bad, it was still there. The sour rose squatted sullenly on its patch, resentfully supported by a dry-down of burnt sugar. Bah, yuck! Into the trash with you!

It coulda binna contenda, but there's something wrong with the structure *and* the proportions of constituents. You know, it's rather like coming to live in a city you don't know, where you're keen to settle and buy a property. Something in the newspaper looks right price-wise and size-wise. The suburb turns out to be in a damp hollow which feels too far away; the flat is an ugly brick unit with fair-sized rooms *but* with an exceptionally low stud and small windows which all look out onto dark gorse-covered hills. The supermarket is small, filled with junk food and unripe fruit. Except for the bananas you went in for, which are rotten. You get the general idea. I guess my taste (and probably my chemistry) has changed in the last decade.
21st March, 2012 (last edited: 24th March, 2012)
CoL Show all reviews
This is a beautiful transparent rose/fruity fragrance with a touch of powder. On first spray I kept thinking "this smells like a Guerlain". Then it occured to me it's very like Insolence! This was six years before so it would appear Guerlain may have had inspiration from this! This is the EDT version and it also comes as an EDP so it would be interesting to see the differences.
30th June, 2010
A green floral with lonlivity and strong silliage. reminds me of many others mostly cabotines.
02nd September, 2009
To me it was like a very watered-down version of Rosa Flamenca, seemed to be a sheer & watery rose/orange blossom blend. sweet, pink & light.. not me!
07th August, 2008
Sweet. EDT smells like grape juice + flowers of vine + vanilla oil + soap. Its drydown is very interesting on my skin - a "buttery", soft, velvety, honey-ish sandalwood. Nice, innocent, clean and voluptuous (yes!).
10th July, 2007
Even though this one comes on EDP, the sillage and longevity leave a lot to be desired. The scent is very nice, light, soft, light flowers on water and "young". It has greens on the top notes wich help to make it feel very fresh. The drydown comes fast and the soft flowers appear yet again and becomes a nice comforting scent, it's very affordable too! Not groudbreaking, nor very original, but nice nonetheless.
02nd August, 2006

Add your review of Daliflor

Shop for Daliflor products online

Shop for Daliflor at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Daliflor

Member images of Daliflor

There are no member images of Daliflor yet. Why not be the first?