À la Nuit (2000)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About À la Nuit

À la Nuit is a feminine perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

À la Nuit fragrance notes

Reviews of À la Nuit

I had a sample of this, and when I smelled it straight from the vial, it was fresh, soft, and clean. It reminded me of a yellow candle with a name like "Sunshine." On my skin though, it was a beautiful, pure white jasmine smell, like a bridal bouquet. It was gorgeous, though linear and somewhat "virginal," as the jasmine never got that sexy, "skanky" smell and I could not get any traces of the musk. I then dabbed a bit of Creed's Santal Imperial on top and it was complete love at first sniff. It was almost too feminine for me and needed something masculine to make it a little less "pure."

Overall, I think it is a beautiful scent, though I wish it had more depth. By itself, I'd give it a 6/10.
04th August, 2017
The Valkyrie's Vigil by
Edward Robert Hughes
14th May, 2017
Technically, this is the jasmine to end all jasmines. And it really is beautiful. The first 15 minutes in particular are like burying your nose in a bridal wreath. And for those 15 minutes, I breathe it in and I think, “Life can’t possibly get any better than this smell, right here.”

It contains all the rich, life-giving aspects I love so much about jasmine – the memory of heat, fleshiness, jammy sweetness, and toe-curling, inky dirtiness all wrapped up in the petals of one gorgeous flower. Impossible to wear this perfume and not feel as happy as a cat stretching under the hot midday sun.

It’s almost too much of a good thing, like gazing directly at the sun, or looking at a photo of Claudia Schiffer in a magazine, a woman about whom Karl Lagerfeld made the remark that it was impossible to take a bad photo of, but whose placid, milch-cow beauty always leaves my eyes a little glazed and my imagination a little drowsy. A La Nuit has, in its utter single-mindedness of intent, a sort of stultifying effect on my senses – it induces me to languor and little else.

But whatever – I could live with its slightly boring grandeur if only for those narcotizing 15 minutes. I don’t mind re-spraying. The greater problem is, however, that A La Nuit does not last very long on my skin. I suspect that I am anosmic to the type of musk used in the base because past those glorious, slightly stupefying 15 minutes, all I get is a white blur of something amorphously perfumey.
31st May, 2016
Not my style but I can see that this is a lovely scent.
Young, spring-like, innocent, sweet, definitely feminine. Very pretty florals balanced by a nice green note. Romantic and beautiful, really a charming scent. Light yet substantial, certainly not cloying or heavy.
06th December, 2015
Salutation.

Have you ever walked by a beautiful jasmine bush in full bloom and wished you could carry that scent with you always?well,now you can.This scent hast captured everything lovely about the precious white flower and when i close my eyes,it takes my back to my childhood when the scent of our huge jasmine bush would waft through my bedroom window at night in the spring. Fresh, Delicate,Florl,Natural,Seductive and Gorgeous.

A LA NUIT is essence of white flowers especially Jasmine,it is the most feminine of scents.This Oriental-Floral scent mixes clove and grenadine with green notes and flirty jasmine and honey blended with seductive musk and benzoin,create an excellent experience of sheer bliss for the fortunate wearer. It is soft, delicate flowery and subtle,a blend of aroma that is so fresh.

A LA NUIT is truly enjoyable and lovely.This perfume is perfect to wear during in the evening and especially fitting for a special date.It can be worn for anytime of year above all for Spring and Summer evening.Always a great pick-me-up even during the long cold days of winter!If you are a fan of jasmine, this is the perfume for you.Highly recommend for a elegant lady.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?+4 Hours on my skin.

01st June, 2015
hellkat Show all reviews
When I was a kid, I went to piano lessons at a convent in New Zealand, which was covered in jasmine. When I opened this bottle of A La Nuit, I was instantly transported back to when I was 6 years of age, and attending that convent for my lessons. The opening is such a fresh real scent! Unfortunately, jasmine scent - much like many white-flower scents - ends up smelling a bit old-ladyish on me, which drives me away from it. Unusually for an SL fragrance, there seems to be few other notes to investigate, but I am leaving it on for a while to see what develops. Perhaps I should layer it with La Religieuse (which I utterly adore!) and see how I get on ... :)
17th May, 2015