└ la Nuit (2000)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About └ la Nuit

└ la Nuit is a feminine perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

└ la Nuit fragrance notes

Reviews of └ la Nuit

Have you ever walked by a beautiful jasmine bush in full bloom and wished you could carry that scent with you always?well,now you can.This scent hast captured everything lovely about the precious white flower and when i close my eyes,it takes my back to my childhood when the scent of our huge jasmine bush would waft through my bedroom window at night in the spring. Fresh, Delicate,Florl,Natural,Seductive and Gorgeous.

A LA NUIT is essence of white flowers especially Jasmine,it is the most feminine of scents.This Oriental-Floral scent mixes clove and grenadine with green notes and flirty jasmine and honey blended with seductive musk and benzoin,create an excellent experience of sheer bliss for the fortunate wearer. It is soft, delicate flowery and subtle,a blend of aroma that is so fresh.

A LA NUIT is truly enjoyable and lovely.This perfume is perfect to wear during in the evening and especially fitting for a special date.It can be worn for anytime of year above all for Spring and Summer evening.Always a great pick-me-up even during the long cold days of winter!If you are a fan of jasmine, this is the perfume for you.Highly recommend for a elegant lady.

Longevity?+4 Hours on my skin.

01st June, 2015
hellkat Show all reviews
When I was a kid, I went to piano lessons at a convent in New Zealand, which was covered in jasmine. When I opened this bottle of A La Nuit, I was instantly transported back to when I was 6 years of age, and attending that convent for my lessons. The opening is such a fresh real scent! Unfortunately, jasmine scent - much like many white-flower scents - ends up smelling a bit old-ladyish on me, which drives me away from it. Unusually for an SL fragrance, there seems to be few other notes to investigate, but I am leaving it on for a while to see what develops. Perhaps I should layer it with La Religieuse (which I utterly adore!) and see how I get on ... :)
17th May, 2015
I decided to try A La Nuit after reading various blogs and articles about Indolic perfumes. The name kept popping up and it piqued my curiosity since, though I've probably smelled indolic scents, I'm not sure I could identify which ones are or aren't. So, I bought a sample based on the name alone, without even knowing what was in this. I assumed it was either jasmine or other white florals of some kind - I just wanted to see what made this different from other white florals. If it truly was 'dirty' or 'fecal'...

Right off the bat, it's a very powerful scent. A sweet and smoky burst of jasmine, accompanied by pleasant green notes. I'm still not sure I understand indoles, but what I do get out of A La Nuit is a very believable, deep floral experience. It's like sniffing actual jasmine in a dewy, grassy field. But those green, grassy notes quickly dissipate and it develops into something much sultrier.

Whew, there's that smoke again! I can tell it's the cloves causing the back of my throat to tingle, because it's exactly the same sensation as being around second-hand smoke from clove cigarettes. (Which luckily reminds me of my late teens, hanging around in clovey smoke-filled concert venues). That smoky quality also dies down a little bit, and leaves just a lingering trail of smoke and spice, like an incense stick burning out. Ahh...

If this indeed features indoles, fear not - this isn't fecal at all. Is it 'dirty'? Well, maybe in the way that soil can have a rich, pleasing earthy scent. Also worth noting - various types of African/Indian jasmine were used in this composition, and it shows. It's absolutely exotic and fascinating.
30th April, 2015
The first moment I sprayed this, I got scared that I wouldn't enjoy it because of an odd watery synthetic smell, but that was gone in seconds and what was left was a near-perfect recreation of the smell of blooming jasmine. It grows wild in Italy and Croatia so the smell transported me vividly to memories of being there. It lasted forever too. I easily got over 12 hours and a lot of those hours were projecting pretty strongly. This is fresh, bright jasmine and seemed pretty much linear on me aside for a gentle softening over time--the vanilla in the base never becomes too noticeable. Very feminine but I'm confident enough with my masculinity that I wouldn't feel too uncomfortable wearing a very gentle touch of it out of the house. Needless to say though, stay far away if you want to smell masculine or if you're a man and want to blend in. Any woman who loves florals would smell great wearing this.
20th December, 2014
Genre: Floral

└ la Nuit is a sweet indolic jasmine scent with a certain intense clarity about its structure. It shares this clear, focused character with two other Sheldrake-Lutens floral compositions: Un Lys and Sa MajestÚ la Rose, but the more potent indoles in its jasmine make it a more heady, decadent, and indulgent perfume. └ la Nuit rests on a sweet vanillic base that's common among Lutens fragrances, but this version is less oppressively viscous than some of the house's heavier orientals. └ la Nuit is one of the more enjoyable jasmine soliflores I've tried, especially because it displays plenty of depth without becoming cloying.
09th June, 2014
I have not had much success with Serge Lutens but ordered a sample of this and received it today, opening it with great expectation due to so many positive reviews. I have wonderful jasmine in my yard that is blooming and wanted a fragrance that captured the sweet, heady fragrance. Unfortunately, A la Nuit falls far short for me. Instead of sweet I get sharp, instead of light I get dark and musty. I smell something like lime and old gardenia mixed with a burnt popcorn aroma. I think it could be that the base used in Serge Lutens is simply not compatible with my skin chemistry as the scent in the sample does smell better.
10th May, 2014

Add your review of └ la Nuit

Shop for └ la Nuit products online

Shop for └ la Nuit at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for └ la Nuit

Member images of └ la Nuit

There are no member images of └ la Nuit yet. Why not be the first?