Diva (1983)

PackagingJacques Helleu
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group
Parent Company at launchWertheimer > Chanel

About Diva

Diva is a feminine perfume by Ungaro. The scent was launched in 1983 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge. The bottle was designed by Jacques Helleu

Reviews of Diva

A classic throwback scent which screams 1980's, but is more laid back than I would have expected.

Diva by Emanual Ungaro is surprisingly muted, despite having so many notes in its fragrance triangle! It starts out with the typical 80's powerhouse scent spice assault, but it then becomes a musky, soft powdery floral that is both layered but fairly stable. This occurs after only 5 minutes on the skin, and I rather like this part of Diva's development!

I definitely smell civet, a gentle rose, bright carnation, earthy oakmoss, ylang, cardamom, and tuberose above all the other myriad of notes. It is a sexy, still-relevant perfume that daring ladies of today can experience with open minds. It DOES smell retro, but not cloying. It's elegant, for mature women to wear on special evening occasions. Sillage is medium, and longevity is nice.

If you are a lady who wants to rediscover the world of scents from yesteryear, this is a great place to start!
15th October, 2018
I had this back in '83. It was a powerful fragrance then; it is a powerful fragrance now. I can detect about half its ingredients (of which there are way more, than listed here). Not as sweet as I thought I'd remembered. A good, chypre floral, for blustery autumn days.

Darvant nails it, below about it being "retro" for the current tastes, of most. Got to have womanly balls, to wear this one.
13th June, 2017
Stardate 20170226:

Starts almost like nahema but get better very soon. It is a great classic rose and a nice honeyed drydown.
Reminds me of Paris in the heart phase.

When I wore it a few days ago I did not get much rose from it but today it is as Rosey as they get.
27th February, 2017 (last edited: 06th March, 2017)
Barbara Herman calls this "honeyed, creamy, spicy, soft, animalic and rich."

I can't disagree, but for all those qualities, it strikes me as rather bland. It does not have the powerful quality described in so many of these reviews, nor do I find it to be a rose chypre. Funny, how different noses are.

For me, this is no more than pleasant. I sampled an edp that seemed rather weak. Fabulous bottle design, though. I'd be more interested in getting an empty bottle for my collection than one with juice inside.

Top notes: Bergamot, Coriander, Rosewood, Hyacinth
Heart notes: Rose, Jasmine, Tuberose, Carnation, Orris, Ylang
Patchouli, Vetiver, Honey, Oakmoss, Civet, Musk, Cistus
24th July, 2014
I have liked Diva since its introduction, though I feel I've only now grown into it 31 years later! Interestingly, I find that its gorgeous warm, spicy, honeyed rose drydown smells precisely like my memory of vintage Coco, more than the current Coco does. They share Jacques Polge as their perfumer, and they share a lot of the same components, I'd venture. I don't particularly care for Diva's opening, the relative harshness of which must be why it's been compared to Paloma. Though just a few minutes in it warms up and becomes more...comfortable. I know it could be quite scary if over applied, yet with a light hand, I think it's fine for daytime, if not for the gym. Really a beauty, and when you can consider how reasonably it can be had, it must be one of the best perfume values going.
05th February, 2014
I first came across Diva in the eighties as an Australian teenager holidaying in Sicily with my extended family. One of my snobby Sicilian cousins wore it, and I always associated it with her in a negative way. I donít really remember what it smelled like, because I was having a love affair with the original Poison, but the bottle was prominently displayed on her dresser.
Anyway today I was at My Chemist and there was a lone bottle of the edt sitting on the shelf. I looked at the ingredients Ė oakmoss, tick - so I weighed up the reviews I had read against the memory of my cousin, and thankfully took the bottle home with me.

No doubt the edt Iíve got is nothing like the vintage edp. Even so I like this scent very much, and I donít have the heart-break of knowing what it used to smell like. On me itís a very powdery fruit-tinted rose and ylang with softened woods - matt and suede-like in texture. Itís not animalic at all, which for me is a good thing. It has a soft sillage with good longevity and I can imagine wearing it on a long work-day without having to touch up. I donít think it was never meant to be a work-day scent, but thatís the difference between the past and the present.
08th January, 2013

Add your review of Diva

Shop for Diva products online

Shop for Diva at online perfumeries

Fleur De Diva By Emanuel Ungaro Eau De Toilette 100ml/3.4fl.oz. USED; 90% FULL

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 15:19:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $40.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DIVA by Emmanuel Ungaro 2.5 Oz Eau de Toilette Spray Women (Old Version NIB)

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 16:32:09 PDT

DIVA by Emanuel Ungaro 3.4 oz EDP eau de parfum Women's Spray Perfume New NIB

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 10:39:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $33.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Diva by Emanuel Ungaro EDT Spray, 3.4 fl oz. Women Sealed Box!

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 10:42:41 PDT

La Diva by Ungaro Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 14:08:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $30.59

Member images of Diva

There are no member images of Diva yet. Why not be the first?