Birmane (1999)

HouseVan Cleef & Arpels
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Birmane

Birmane is a feminine perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Birmane

sasqwer Show all reviews
Czech Republic
I like this that much that I gotta wear it even though I am a man. The ultimate potion with the name that is mysterious and seductive: Birmane. In fact this is very hard to find while it was discontinued. I have got my bottle for perhaps 7 years and still smells great. Undoubtedly quality that lasts forever.
07th September, 2011

A fruity opening that I can actually enjoy… It’s pleasant and perhaps a bit more floral than fruity, but the probable reason I enjoy it is that the opening has rosewood and I’m a sucker for rosewood. It’s a beautiful opening and one that is unique – at least I haven’t smelled many like it. The middle accord presents a refined floral accord. I particularly enjoy that the heliotrope comes through quite clearly and heliotrope is my favorite of the floral notes offered. I get a bit of powder from the orris in the heart’s background, and that adds a sensuality to the florals. Birmane is listed as an Oriental – Woody… the “Oriental” I understand but I don’t get much of a wood emphasis, not even in the base that lists sandalwood. What I get is primarily vanilla, tonka, and musk... and this accord, in particular, presents that aspect of the fragrance that Takemyhusbandplz points out: It comes across well when smelled away from the skin but is rather too bland when smelled closely. Birmane is a charmingly feminine fragrance with soft sillage and good longevity.

01st February, 2010
This scent is very unusual & interesting with a lot of depth. It is also sweet & fruity at the same time. Birmane smells expensive and it is. The refillable bottle I repurchased is gorgeous! This has a classy yet fun & mysterious aura. I love the fact that no one wears this. This is one that smells better away from your own skin; it might smell a bit strange on yourself, if that makes sense. Birmane usually gets compliments when I wear it on warm spring days. Would probably repurchase.

Borrowed from perfume world: "Launched by the design house of Van Cleef & Arpels in 1999, BIRMANE by Van Cleef & Arpels For WOMEN is classified as a sharp fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: top notes including fruits and freesia, lower notes combining jasmine, red lily and white rose. Hints of musk, Tonka bean .It is recommended for casual wear."
04th December, 2005
I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE ITS SEXY SASSY AND HAS GREAT LASTING POWER. THE BOTTLE IS LOVELY AND THE SOLID PERFUME I GOT IN A PROMOTION IS FAB FOR CARRYING IN MY EVENNIG BAG.GO AND TRY IT ITS LUSH.
27th December, 2003

Add your review of Birmane

Shop for Birmane products online

Search Amazon for Birmane

Member images of Birmane

There are no member images of Birmane yet. Why not be the first?