Vera Wang (2002)

PerfumerJean-Claude Delville
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Unilever Cosmetics International

About Vera Wang

Vera Wang is a feminine perfume by Vera Wang. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Delville

Reviews of Vera Wang

Salutation.

Have you ever walked by a beautiful gardenia bush in full bloom and wished you could carry that scent with you always?well,now you can with this Feminine and utterly Romantic fragrance by VERA WANG and one of the best wedding scents Experience it. Delicate, Refreshing,Elegant,Floral,Appealing,Pamper,Sensuous and Feminine.

This fresh floral scent based around a hearty blend of Mandarin Orange,Lily and Jasmine for a natural feel as well as living Gardenia and Rose to convey a pastel rendition of Elegance Femininity that result is a Lovely smell captures you and you don't want to stop spraying it.

VERA WANG is for a Elegance Lady who knows how to appreciate life and enjoys it.It is suitable for Every ROMANTIC moments especially for a Wedding or first date as it makes you feel Beautiful and Feminine.If you are looking for a Romantic smell not overly Sophisticated for SPRINGTIME you can not go wrong with this one.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?The only complaint but i still Love it.

29th May, 2015
Ahhh, good old VW...
I wore this on my wedding day. Honestly, I feel I couldn't have chosen a more perfect scent for the occasion! It is feminine and elegant, very floral with something that smells like white musk thrown in. It's easy to see why the fragrance is associated with all things bridal. An altogether fancy perfume.
23rd February, 2015 (last edited: 24th February, 2015)
I love this perfume! I had had a bad experience with Coco Mademoiselle (the Eau de Toilette), and after ditching it was looking for a new, versatile perfume that I could wear every day but also at night or on special occasions. My aunt who was visiting recommended this, and after smelling it once, I was hooked! It smells like a freshly cut bouquet of flowers, and is perfect for warmer months, as well as a bit of a walk down memory lane in the cooler months, particularly autumn. I can definitely understand why everybody says this is a 'bridal' perfume - it has that comforting smell that reminds me somewhat of a church decked out in flowers. For people looking for an inoffensive, sweet flowery scent, this is a great starter!
07th November, 2012
I LOVE HER DESIGNS!!! Now, my love for her designs does not mean I will be biased when it comes to her fragrances. Here are my test notes:

Aldehydes, fresh fruity smell that is clean and pretty memorable - not because it is super original, but simply because it truly is a pretty fragrance that suits its purpose. This fragrance was marketed as a bridal scent, and I believe the nose behind it completely understood what Vera was after. Her designs dazzle; the perfume and make-up of the bride should therefore be a little less loud, just to balance things out. Also, a bride should be remembered for her *self*, not just one aspect of her look.

The fruit goes, and makes way for more aldehydes. Then, lotus, soft rose, and other flowers with a light or white feel come through to the front like a beautiful bouquet. Very well blended, soft, and really (I cannot say it enough) perfect for a wedding. This is a great scent for someone who does not want to blast everyone with their fragrance, but would still like a recognisable but classy scent.

If you do not like aldehydes, you might sneeze with this one! It reminds me a little of Elie Saab le Parfum, not because it is similar (I find this scent prettier, weaker, and less in-your-face) but because of its aldehydic content. This one is very feminine, very classy. It is a gorgeous soft scent, and if I was not more into complex frags and gourmands, and less into clean scents, I would have kept this.

It develops into a white floral heart, which I admit would be great for white floral haters like myself as it is not too much. It then gets a minty quality. Alas, this bridal perfume will not be the one I wear with the matching gown.

Verdict: Off to Ebay!
11th August, 2012
Ahh, VERA WANG: the queen of dreamy bridal gowns. Perhaps it's best if we were to leave it at that. For I don't smell the calla lily, the Bulgarian rose nor the gardenia. Just a non-distinctive floral haze. If there is indeed a floral bouquet that the overwhelmingly synthetic vibe evokes, it is one comprising of cheap plastic flowers you often find in yard sales.

This self-monikered fragrance lacks the poise and elegance of her gowns, nor does it convey the lushness of a bride's hand bouquet. On my skin this is mostly sheer white musks and little else so perhaps I should have drawn comparisons to a bride's sheer veil instead. Others might just call it a sheer waste of money.
21st March, 2012
This was one of my favourite fragrances during my early and mid teens. Mainly during summer. It's nice, summery, and uplifting....however, not very distinctive. On the plain side which...if it were less expensive....I might be ok with...but the price tag is indefensible. I miss it and like it for nostalgia purposes, for it's summery quality, and for the gardenia/white floral leaning, though. Nothing to write home about in general.
09th February, 2012

Add your review of Vera Wang

Shop for Vera Wang products online

Shop for Vera Wang at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vera Wang

Member images of Vera Wang

There are no member images of Vera Wang yet. Why not be the first?