Vera Wang (2002)

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    50ml EdP

Reviews of Vera Wang

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

ynde's avatar

I love this perfume! I had had a bad experience with Coco Mademoiselle (the Eau de Toilette), and after ditching it was looking for a new, versatile perfume that I could wear every day but also at night or on special occasions. My aunt who was visiting recommended this, and after smelling it once, I was hooked! It smells like a freshly cut bouquet of flowers, and is perfect for warmer months, as well as a bit of a walk down memory lane in the cooler months, particularly autumn. I can definitely understand why everybody says this is a 'bridal' perfume - it has that comforting smell that reminds me somewhat of a church decked out in flowers. For people looking for an inoffensive, sweet flowery scent, this is a great starter!

07 November, 2012

zubi's avatar

Kenya Kenya

I LOVE HER DESIGNS!!! Now, my love for her designs does not mean I will be biased when it comes to her fragrances. Here are my test notes:

Aldehydes, fresh fruity smell that is clean and pretty memorable - not because it is super original, but simply because it truly is a pretty fragrance that suits its purpose. This fragrance was marketed as a bridal scent, and I believe the nose behind it completely understood what Vera was after. Her designs dazzle; the perfume and make-up of the bride should therefore be a little less loud, just to balance things out. Also, a bride should be remembered for her *self*, not just one aspect of her look.

The fruit goes, and makes way for more aldehydes. Then, lotus, soft rose, and other flowers with a light or white feel come through to the front like a beautiful bouquet. Very well blended, soft, and really (I cannot say it enough) perfect for a wedding. This is a great scent for someone who does not want to blast everyone with their fragrance, but would still like a recognisable but classy scent.

If you do not like aldehydes, you might sneeze with this one! It reminds me a little of Elie Saab le Parfum, not because it is similar (I find this scent prettier, weaker, and less in-your-face) but because of its aldehydic content. This one is very feminine, very classy. It is a gorgeous soft scent, and if I was not more into complex frags and gourmands, and less into clean scents, I would have kept this.

It develops into a white floral heart, which I admit would be great for white floral haters like myself as it is not too much. It then gets a minty quality. Alas, this bridal perfume will not be the one I wear with the matching gown.

Verdict: Off to Ebay!

11th August, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Ahh, VERA WANG: the queen of dreamy bridal gowns. Perhaps it's best if we were to leave it at that. For I don't smell the calla lily, the Bulgarian rose nor the gardenia. Just a non-distinctive floral haze. If there is indeed a floral bouquet that the overwhelmingly synthetic vibe evokes, it is one comprising of cheap plastic flowers you often find in yard sales.

This self-monikered fragrance lacks the poise and elegance of her gowns, nor does it convey the lushness of a bride's hand bouquet. On my skin this is mostly sheer white musks and little else so perhaps I should have drawn comparisons to a bride's sheer veil instead. Others might just call it a sheer waste of money.

21st March, 2012

Alam's avatar

This was one of my favourite fragrances during my early and mid teens. Mainly during summer. It's nice, summery, and uplifting....however, not very distinctive. On the plain side which...if it were less expensive....I might be ok with...but the price tag is indefensible. I miss it and like it for nostalgia purposes, for it's summery quality, and for the gardenia/white floral leaning, though. Nothing to write home about in general.

09 February, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

Vera Wang is another one of those Summery wedding fragrances.

To my nose, this fragrance is a rather intense floral blend with subtle citrus undertones and freshness. The rose, gardenia and lily tend to be the strongest floral notes throughout, however although pleasant, there is nothing particularly outstanding about the way it has been composed.

Beautiful this scent certainly is, however I do crave more depth and character. Vera Wang doesn't evoke any strong feelings or themes for me. It is neither romantic nor memorable, which should be the requirements for a wedding scent.

Personally I find Vera Wang to be more casual than elegant and sophisticated. This fragrance is unfortunately not compatible with my skin either, as it tends to turn sour towards the drydown.

I had high hopes of this fragrance being a rich and creamy white floral scent, however the jasmine, gardenia and lily tend to create a clean-like quality that is both classic and pleasant, but not to my tastes.

As in regards to Vera Wang's lasting power, it is rather average and disappointing for its high price tag. I somehow expected more from this famously renowned designer label.

30th June, 2011

kauinca's avatar

I have no idea why I wasted money on this fragrance some years back. It's a ho hum floral that's rather boring and nothing special. I don't dislike Vera Wang, I just don't like it.

03 March, 2011

• Time Left:
    Vera Wang Bouquet for Women by Vera Wang EDP Spray 3.4 oz ~ NEW IN TESTER BOX
    • Time Left: 13 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    PRINCESS by Vera Wang 3.4 oz EDT Perfume for Women NIB Sealed 100 ml Vera Wang P
    • Time Left: 5 days