Rapture (1992)

HouseVictoria's Secret
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands
Parent Company at launchThe Limited

About Rapture

Rapture is a feminine perfume by Victoria's Secret. The scent was launched in 1992

Rapture fragrance notes

Reviews of Rapture

Kinda an old lady perfume, very strong oriental. I used to have the shower cream gel and in that form it is very pretty and luxurious. But in the spray form, very overwhelming and easily headache-inducing.
13th October, 2008
I detest this stuff. A guy I dated a few years ago thought Rapture was incredibly sexy, but I just felt like a cheap tramp wearing it. I enjoy strong orientals, but this is something else altogether...loud and shrill...not my style!
28th August, 2008
If like me, you like spicy floral orientals in that typical late 80s - early 90s vipe like: Bijan, ET's Passion, EA's Red Door or EL's Spellbound... than you need to add Rapture to your perfume wardrobe. It's not subtle and it's not chic, but it sure is sexy. Great for winter, as it's warm and comforting and very longlasting. When sampling wait till the topnotes have evaporated, that's when all that sexy warmth appears.
The bottle is so horribly "kitch" that it's almost cool.
Ok, you get the picture I love this stuff.
19th October, 2006
This is one of those perfumes that everyone was wearing at one time or another, kind of like BBW sun ripened raspberry. I really like the perfume, but I find that it is hard to apply because it is way to easy to put on too much.
14th October, 2006
Aiona Show all reviews
This review is edited from the original September 3, 2006 review, which was not very informative, and perhaps confusing.

I first smelled this perfume in in the early 1990's, because one of my dormitory mates wore it. It smelled marvelous on her! So I bought it, too. I think Rapture was the first perfume that made me realize that what may smell good on someone else, doesn't necessarily smell the same on myself.

The dominant note to me is jasmine. I love jasmine, so that explains why I like it, even though it's a floral perfume. It also has a bit of a coconut-y smell, and definitely sandalwood.

It does have a good amount of sillage, and moderate longevity (< 8 hours for me). And yes, mis.anderson and cedriceccentric are right. It has a definitely "older" feel. I might compare its smell to that of Coco Chanel, but a lot less loud. And they really do not smell the same. Just that Rapture *is* a floral. Not a chypre, and not aquatic. No patchouli in this one. :)

03rd September, 2006 (last edited: 26th March, 2011)

Add your review of Rapture

Shop for Rapture products online

Shop for Rapture at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rapture