Boudoir (1998)

PackagingFabrice Legros
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Boudoir

Boudoir is a feminine perfume by Vivienne Westwood. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Martin Gras. The bottle was designed by Fabrice Legros

Boudoir fragrance notes

Reviews of Boudoir

I'm very happy to see Boudoir is still in production. It was weird and ahead of its time-- a toothpaste and makeup oriental. I guess this was sort of spinning off on the popularity of Jean Paul Gaultier's original 90s makeup fragrance. As for the skank, I had an old bottle and never noticed it.
02nd October, 2015

This perfume is an irresistible secret weapon.A perfume that the VIVIENNE WESTWOOD woman knows she deserves,something instantly recognizable as unique and sensually evocative.Not only will it make you feel like a million dollars but also it is sure to generate positive feedback from people. Provocative,Special, Glamorous,Warm,Classy,Wonderful,Powerful, Absolutely Feminine and Potently Erotic.

Aldehydes,bergamot and marigold mingle in a melange of sexy,retro chypre character with fresh accents of coriander and a warm undercurrent of patchouli, sandalwood,cinnamon and vanilla to render an amulet of univocal femininity.Just one spray of this EDP can ignite quite an evening as it is absolutely alluring, sexy with a hint of being naughty.the bottle is regal and precious.

BOUNDOIR evokes feeling of a Romantic night with lots of glamor.schedule a message,a manicure and then soak in this,add a little black dress and some pearls and you are ready for Saturday night.It is for the mature and self assured ladies.totally a wonderful unique chypre-floral that fills the air with a come-find-me aroma.Try it today and see all the great comments you will receive.

Longevity?Lasts and Lasts.

13th June, 2015
I missed out on this one for years, because I disliked how the tester smelled, so never thought to try it on skin.

There's a particular "rose" + aldehydes combo that's really off-putting to me - it's what I detected in the Boudoir tester, and it or something very similar to it is in Tresor and Red Door, too. Yet in Boudoir, there's another floral accord, must the representation of viburnum, that's unique and wonderful, and enables me to overlook (oversniff?) the other thing.

When I first tried Boudoir, I was in a perfume store with my mom, and I asked her, "What does this smell like to you?" She swooned, and said, "San Francisco!" which was my impression exactly.

Which brings me to Parfums DelRae Amoureuse. It's supposed to have an accord like the wonderful blooming trees in San Francisco. It kind of does, yet Boudoir really nails it without specifically trying to. I notice that some have compared Boudoir to Amoureuse, and this unique floral would explain it, because they're very, very different scents.

I don't get cigarette smoke or ash, though the tobacco note is not of the sweet pipe tobacco variety, but something more like an opened pack of cigs (maybe even CLOVE cigs) in the pocket of a black leather jacket. In fact, one of my bottles leaked into my leather bag when I took it on a plane, and Boudoir definitely smells fantastic with leather, as if leather is part of the composition.

The closest thing I've smelled to Boudoir is actually another fave, Bellodgia. Whether we call it cloves or carnations in a fragrance, it's all eugenols, innit?

18th September, 2014 (last edited: 19th September, 2014)
Sweet floriental

My first testing of Boudoir and I'm waiting for the "skank" factor to set in! Well, where are you?

This came to me as a sample so I don't know it's age, but it is the pink liquid, probably a current formulation. Three hours in and I'm still waiting to be bowled over. The opening is sweet and super-feminine. An inauspicious start for me, since I dislike most sweet perfumes and carnations in particular. Only now am I beginning to get a whiff of something more earthy; some coriander, patchouli and sandalwood coming to the fore, and a touch of tobacco. Still, the promising basenotes are not fine enough to overcome my initial impression of too much spicy carnation and other sweet florals and too little "heft"in the base. I suppose the problem is that I like spices,and a lot of them, and muskiness, and this has too little of one and none of the other,so it doesn't fit my personal interpretation of a sexy perfume. "Shocking" and "Bal A Versailles" are sexier, more earthy interpretations of this genre in my opinion.

Sillage is strong, longevity--well, so far it's good but I'll never really know since I've srubbed it off after 3 hours.

Pros: Good sillage
Cons: Too sweet"

22nd September, 2013
When it first came out I adored Boudoir. It's an all out, take no prisoners, sex bomb of a fragrance! Unfortunately time has caught up with me and I no longer can pull off wearing a sex bomb fragrance. To all of you who can go for it, because this scent is about as sexy as they come!
21st February, 2013
Elsie Show all reviews
Not for the faint of heart!

This is a heady, sweet scent which just begs for you to have a boudoir of your own in which to seduce men! I really love it (I also really love Coco Chanel and although they are not the same, they are both heavy, cloying, sweet orientals), but even I tend to only wear it after dark or on special occasions.

The sillage is fantastic and men seem to love it. The bottle is a work of art and far too pretty to throw away! I bought my first bottle at seventeen and am now nearly twice that age and on my twentieth bottle and the love affair is far from over.

The original Boudoir is simply the best, the rest don't even come close for me. One of my all time favourites!
23rd August, 2012

Add your review of Boudoir

Shop for Boudoir products online

Shop for Boudoir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Boudoir

Member images of Boudoir

There are no member images of Boudoir yet. Why not be the first?