Boudoir (1998)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 162 ratings

Boudoir Fragrance notes

Boudoir information

Boudoir is a women's fragrance by Vivienne Westwood. The scent was launched in 1998 and the bottle was designed by Fabrice Legros

Shop for Boudoir products online

$76.78*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 45.90)
    $76.87*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 45.95)

Reviews of Boudoir

Showing 1 to 6 of 35 reviews.

Captain's avatar

This is very old school flowery (nothing wrong with that) on me, most obvious notes are rose, carnation, marigold and a bit of tobacco. I don't get any cinnamon, or spices or powder. Which are so what I had hoped for.

I do not get the "sex" bits. It's flowery (roses) with the grit of tobacco. That's what gives it a "dirty" vibe but it's not sex dirty...cigarettes and flowers. There might be a bit of salty sweat or something going on as well so maybe that's the sex? I don't find stale flowers, sweat and cigarettes very sexy.

Unique and very interesting scent just not for me!

05 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 26 April, 2014)

dlane1953's avatar

Sweet floriental

My first testing of Boudoir and I'm waiting for the "skank" factor to set in! Well, where are you?

This came to me as a sample so I don't know it's age, but it is the pink liquid, probably a current formulation. Three hours in and I'm still waiting to be bowled over. The opening is sweet and super-feminine. An inauspicious start for me, since I dislike most sweet perfumes and carnations in particular. Only now am I beginning to get a whiff of something more earthy; some coriander, patchouli and sandalwood coming to the fore, and a touch of tobacco. Still, the promising basenotes are not fine enough to overcome my initial impression of too much spicy carnation and other sweet florals and too little "heft"in the base. I suppose the problem is that I like spices,and a lot of them, and muskiness, and this has too little of one and none of the other,so it doesn't fit my personal interpretation of a sexy perfume. "Shocking" and "Bal A Versailles" are sexier, more earthy interpretations of this genre in my opinion.

Sillage is strong, longevity--well, so far it's good but I'll never really know since I've srubbed it off after 3 hours.

Pros: Good sillage
    Cons: Too sweet"

22 September, 2013

Red Theodora's avatar

When it first came out I adored Boudoir. It's an all out, take no prisoners, sex bomb of a fragrance! Unfortunately time has caught up with me and I no longer can pull off wearing a sex bomb fragrance. To all of you who can go for it, because this scent is about as sexy as they come!

21st February, 2013

Elsie's avatar

Not for the faint of heart!

This is a heady, sweet scent which just begs for you to have a boudoir of your own in which to seduce men! I really love it (I also really love Coco Chanel and although they are not the same, they are both heavy, cloying, sweet orientals), but even I tend to only wear it after dark or on special occasions.

The sillage is fantastic and men seem to love it. The bottle is a work of art and far too pretty to throw away! I bought my first bottle at seventeen and am now nearly twice that age and on my twentieth bottle and the love affair is far from over.

The original Boudoir is simply the best, the rest don't even come close for me. One of my all time favourites!

23 August, 2012

Khaibit108's avatar

Maybe it's just my body chemistry, but I definitely don't smell any of the notes that are actually supposed to be in this thing. To me, it starts off as an okay, generic, sweet floral - for about two seconds. I can't pick out anything specific initially. Then it becomes a minty nightmare mishmash of what smells like tuberose and toothpaste, and it stays that way until it fades off some hours later. From other reviews, I expected it to maybe smell like sweat/cumin/body odor, but I get pungent, syrupy toothpaste. It's so nasty and weird that it's kind of amusing.

18 August, 2012

Darvant's avatar

The combination of cumin, aldehydes, rose, powdery woods, vanilla, patchouli  and cinnamon produces that sort of radiant and airy, aromatic-cool and talky-milky modern-retro vibe that is the essence of the scent. An initially angular and traditional bergamot on the side of aldehydes, rose and patchouli enhances a sort of traditional feel while a combination of flowers with a cleverly blended tobacco pushes up the radiance and the extreme femininity of the juice. In absence of brewing fruits and too syrupy mellifluence a final touch of warmth is moderate and well  balanced with the powdery regular cool dustiness. A traditional and a modern concept of femininity merge both together , a bit chanel N. 5 and a bit Ange Au Demon, a whiff of the classic Dolce e Gabbana with a touch of Alien passing through a whisper of Tresor. Not bad.

18 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 January, 2012)

Add your review of Boudoir