Secret de Vénus (1933)

About Secret de Vénus

Reorchestrated in 1996.

Secret de Vénus fragrance notes

Reviews of Secret de Vénus

In "lurking" other fragrance sites, it never ceases to amaze me how many people wait for Le Experts to tell them not just what to wear, but how to feel about it. Witness the "cheap thrill" phenomenon. Now and then a capital S Somebody will "discover" a cheap thrill fragrance-- a forgotten classic or a newer celebuscent-- that somehow passes muster and is deemed by said nose to be wearable, and, gasp, even enjoyable. Witness further the "thank you for this great review-- I'll try it now" or "gee, I didn't like this before, but now that YOU like it, I'll give it another go" type comments that follow the review/discovery/rediscovery.

Having said all that (Whew! Good to get THAT off my chest), I do wish that a Somebody would give a pass to this little gem. Yes, I'm talking about the sad-sack-looking reformulation of this classic.

The best way I can describe this scent is the lovechild of Chanel's Allure Sensuelle and Ralph Lauren's long discontinued Monogram (for men). AL is too much on its own. Monogram is too masculine (for me). But together, as represented in this affordable version of Secret de Venus, it's deliciously different and completely irresistible.

Lavender, vanilla, patchouli, a touch of golden amber, bergamot at the top. I thankfully get no peach, grapefruit or cassis. Lasts all day and night

On one hand, I really do wish I were able to smell the original without having to put my put my beloved cat on eBay. On the other hand, though, it might prove to be too much, in the way that Shalimar (any year), Obsession (vintage), and Poison (vintage) are to me.

I love telling people the name of this fragrance when they compliment me and ask what I'm wearing.

20th March, 2017
danieq Show all reviews
Gosh this is beautiful. I have been gifted a vintage Parfum de Toilette and it is simply stunning. This is creamy, rich and elegant. Sillage is soft, it's a scent meant only for those who are close to you to notice. It opens quite sparkly with all those citrus combined with lavender. In fact, you really have no idea in the opening that it will go in the direction of soft and creamy, but that is exactly what it does. The top notes are gone in only a few minutes for me, but since it's vintage, it could just be the age that is the reason for that. I get zero Patchouli, which is good for me as it doesn't agree with me. I also can't pick out the peach. Highly recommended.
23rd September, 2014
From 1933 and named a woody oriental chypre, it is to my nose a candied fruit floral.

Lemon, cassis, peach, bergamot, grapefruit, coriander and tarragon all vie for the initial top note mix. The cassis and peach are standouts, supported by the spice notes of tarragon and coriander.

In the middle we have jasmine, gardenia, rose, freesia, muguet, orris and ylang yang. The muguet wins out.

The base gives us cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver, civet, amber, musk, honey and tonka bean.

Most unusual, quite unique, with a heady, high rising overall scent that is beguiling.
25th February, 2014
Once .....long ago...I owned a mini of Secret de Venus & it was "right" for me then. But at that time I could wear Tabu unabashed.

I think there was something more going on there than woodsy floral, something alluring..

21st June, 2012
The fragrance that's available now doesn't hold a candle to the original. I personally wore the oil and it was devine. Had I known it would disappear I wouldn't have used it in my bath water. I truly miss it. Hopefully, someone will duplicate the original and give us Sr. Citizens something that we can identify with and bring back pleasant memories or shall I say bring back the "good old days" in a bottle.
03rd May, 2012
Too strong, too masculine, too chemically.
06th February, 2012

SECRET de VENUS (WEIL) .85 fl oz (discontinued) $70.00

End Date: Monday Oct-22-2018 21:32:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $70.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SECRET de VENUS (WEIL) .85 fl oz. (discontinued)

End Date: Monday Oct-22-2018 21:38:32 PDT

SECRET DE VENUS BY PARFUMS WEIL 30ML Eau de Parfum

End Date: Thursday Oct-25-2018 14:04:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $174.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SECRET DE VENUS BY PARFUMS WEIL PARIS ANTILOPE 28cc.

End Date: Thursday Oct-25-2018 14:04:43 PDT

Weil Secret De Venus Secret de Venus 1.7 oz / 50ml Women's Eau de Parfum

End Date: Tuesday Oct-30-2018 9:14:29 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $92.99

Member images of Secret de Vénus

There are no member images of Secret de Vénus yet. Why not be the first?