Secret de Vénus (1933)

About Secret de Vénus

reorchestrated in 1996

Reviews of Secret de Vénus

danieq Show all reviews
Gosh this is beautiful. I have been gifted a vintage Parfum de Toilette and it is simply stunning. This is creamy, rich and elegant. Sillage is soft, it's a scent meant only for those who are close to you to notice. It opens quite sparkly with all those citrus combined with lavender. In fact, you really have no idea in the opening that it will go in the direction of soft and creamy, but that is exactly what it does. The top notes are gone in only a few minutes for me, but since it's vintage, it could just be the age that is the reason for that. I get zero Patchouli, which is good for me as it doesn't agree with me. I also can't pick out the peach. Highly recommended.
23rd September, 2014
From 1933 and named a woody oriental chypre, it is to my nose a candied fruit floral.

Lemon, cassis, peach, bergamot, grapefruit, coriander and tarragon all vie for the initial top note mix. The cassis and peach are standouts, supported by the spice notes of tarragon and coriander.

In the middle we have jasmine, gardenia, rose, freesia, muguet, orris and ylang yang. The muguet wins out.

The base gives us cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver, civet, amber, musk, honey and tonka bean.

Most unusual, quite unique, with a heady, high rising overall scent that is beguiling.
25th February, 2014
Once .....long ago...I owned a mini of Secret de Venus & it was "right" for me then. But at that time I could wear Tabu unabashed.

I think there was something more going on there than woodsy floral, something alluring..

21st June, 2012
The fragrance that's available now doesn't hold a candle to the original. I personally wore the oil and it was devine. Had I known it would disappear I wouldn't have used it in my bath water. I truly miss it. Hopefully, someone will duplicate the original and give us Sr. Citizens something that we can identify with and bring back pleasant memories or shall I say bring back the "good old days" in a bottle.
03rd May, 2012
Too strong, too masculine, too chemically.
06th February, 2012
I wore the original of this fragrance (the Zibeline version) for over 25 years. The reorchestrated version can not even touch the original formulation. I have been trying to find a suitable replacement for this perfume since 1996. I've tried many perfumes and the only ones I've found that last as long as Secret of Venus and wear down to the, for lack of a better word, lushness that was the original, are Mariella Burani and Tom Ford's Black Orchid. While both of these latter are very nice perfumes in their own right, they will never touch the evocative eroticism of the original Secret of Venus.
12th July, 2010

Add your review of Secret de Vénus

Shop for Secret de Vénus products online

Shop for Secret de Vénus at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Secret de Vénus

Member images of Secret de Vénus

There are no member images of Secret de Vénus yet. Why not be the first?