Bambou (new) (1991)

Parent Company at launchCosmetiques et Parfums de France

About Bambou (new)

Bambou (new) is a feminine perfume by Weil. The scent was launched in 1991

Reviews of Bambou (new)

Shame on Weil (and for that matter Dana) in completely changing formulas of classics but retaining the name, thus cheating the consumer.

The new Bambou is nothing like the rich, deep oriental original. It is a fruity green copy of Guerlain's Nahema - all Muguet and Rose. It also comes very close to Patou's classic Joy.

Dana did the same thing with Ambush, keeping the name and turning an oriental chypre into an imitation of fruity Angel.

Imitation may be the truest form of flattery, but the originals in both instances are of far better quality and the blatant attempt to defraud the public earns a thumbs down.

16th April, 2014 (last edited: 17th November, 2014)
I find 'Bambou' really satisfying; it does 'something' special for me -- something both nostalgic and comforting.

It reminds me of chamomile bathing products -- the German ones my mother always bought, which were especially for children.
It also reminds me of 'cheap' cologne! Though not 'cheap', meaning sub-par, rather 'cheap' meaning "economical"; I am conjuring the variety, which Mexican markets sell -- usually in plastic splash-vials, that are both really soapy and "bracing". Do I need to mention it? -- the kind my Grandfather wore when I was small.
For me the associations are charming, and I am so delighted to have met this refreshing, casual green scent.

Finally, with a "clean", soapy, affordable, unisex classic out there of this obvious good-breeding and austerity, why would anyone waste their money on the pretentious, overblown, "just-showered" offerings of "Gendarme"...or "Clean"???

Recommended!
15th February, 2010 (last edited: 02nd March, 2010)

Add your review of Bambou (new)

Shop for Bambou (new) products online

Shop for Bambou (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bambou (new)

Member images of Bambou (new)

There are no member images of Bambou (new) yet. Why not be the first?