Dans la Nuit (1924)

About Dans la Nuit

Reorchestrated in 1985 and 2000

Dans la Nuit fragrance notes

Reviews of Dans la Nuit

My husband found a (most likely) c. 1950s mini bottle of Dans la Nuit in an antique store as a Christmas present for me. When he got the stopper off (don't ask, my heart stops), the tiny amount of what was left in the bottle was breathtaking. Somewhat reminiscent of a combination of Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles, or perhaps Habanita. I bought a decant which is quite lovely, but completely floral and rapidly fading on me, so I assume a completely different issue. Who knows what my original is, or what conditions it was stored under. At any rate, for those who love the truly complex, developing historical perfumes, the early versions of Dans la Nuit are apparently superb.
10th January, 2014
I have some bottles of both the original formulation (EDT) and the new (parfum). Both are quite lovely initially, but the new version falls flat after just a few minutes. The original formulation stays strong and gorgeous - sweet, rich fruits, flowers (jasmine and ylang-ylang?) and woods.

Vintage Dans la Nuit has a Worth 'signature' that I also smell in vintage Je Reviens - I believe they share similar aldehydic and salicylate notes. I can imagine someone wearing the lighter Je Reviens by day and then topping up with Dans la Nuit for a special evening.
30th September, 2010 (last edited: 20th August, 2012)
mumsy Show all reviews
I tried one in a tall blue glass bottle, eau de parfum 80%. I presume a vintage. I absolutely adored the first spicy, jumbled top notes as lisa describes, but on me this rapidly vanished into a very pleasant and dated flowery talc within half an hour of application. I really wanted the first spicy, flowery, woody part to last and last. If it had, I would have rated this as one of my favourite smells.... but it didn't sadly. I would love to create something smelling like these top notes.
09th March, 2010
I've found yestarday a botle of Dans la nuit. The cap have the image of stars and a moon. The tag it's not in a very good conditions but it's dans la nuit. Later I wil send a picture.
01st May, 2009
Oh I have just gotten a small vintage bottle of this and it is in one word,
bliss.

Sweet and floral but distinctive. Elegant and lyrical.

If you love Je Reviens you will adore Dans la Nuit.

Maybe even more...
15th December, 2007
(vintage edt) Smells soft, woody & blue, different & delicious. I think I smell rose, violet, & jasmin w/ aldehydes, orris, sandalwood, & touch of musk. Develops nicely. Fuzzy aldehydes & wood opening, fades off to show beautiful & delicate florals.. they have a little sweetness, but the base has a dark coolness that tempers it. A modern scent that approaches it is Jaipur Saphir.. in feel but not end result! That one got a little hi-pitched and soapy to me. I like this much better! There's something about it..
04th December, 2007

Add your review of Dans la Nuit

Shop for Dans la Nuit products online

Search Amazon for Dans la Nuit

Member images of Dans la Nuit

There are no member images of Dans la Nuit yet. Why not be the first?