Dans la Nuit (1924)

About Dans la Nuit

Reorchestrated in 1985 and 2000

Dans la Nuit fragrance notes

Reviews of Dans la Nuit

Both Worth's Dans La Nuit and Lanvin's Mon Peche appeared the same year: 1924. I had heard of a similarity, so wanted to experience the Worth, since the Lanvin is one of my favorites. Although they share 11 notes (2 top, 5 middle and 4 base), I find no similarity whatsoever.

My Sin notes: 19

Top notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Clary Sage, Neroli: 4
Heart notes: Ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Lavender, Clove, Orris, Muguet, Narcissus, Lilac: 9
Base notes: Vetiver, Vanilla, Musk, Tolu Balm, Styrax, Civet: 6

Dans La Nuit notes: 17

Top notes Bergamot, Lemon, Violet: 3
Heart notes: Carnation, Jasmin, Orris, Rose, Ylang, Muguet, Cinnamon: 7
Base notes: Vetiver, Vanilla, Musk, Tonka, Sandalwood, Civet, Amber: 7

This reminds me of the scent emanating from one of my aunt's fur coats, especially when newly in from a cold frosty winter day with the warmth of the fire picking up the oils.

It is richly old-fashioned in the best possible way, plummy and dark with rich rose and jasmine and the very best musk, tonka, amber and civet warmly rounding out its rich florals.

One of the best floral creations in perfume history. Luckily, vintage is still available.

First Edit: On multiple wearings of this pure parfum I am also getting a strong lilac, which is not listed in the official notes. The overall effect is that of a woman's lipstick scent from the 1930s/1940s, that indescribable scent that emanated also to the bottom of women's handbags of the period and can still be detected in vintage bags.

24th August, 2016 (last edited: 07th September, 2016)
My husband found a (most likely) c. 1950s mini bottle of Dans la Nuit in an antique store as a Christmas present for me. When he got the stopper off (don't ask, my heart stops), the tiny amount of what was left in the bottle was breathtaking. Somewhat reminiscent of a combination of Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles, or perhaps Habanita. I bought a decant which is quite lovely, but completely floral and rapidly fading on me, so I assume a completely different issue. Who knows what my original is, or what conditions it was stored under. At any rate, for those who love the truly complex, developing historical perfumes, the early versions of Dans la Nuit are apparently superb.
10th January, 2014
I have some bottles of both the original formulation (EDT) and the new (parfum). Both are quite lovely initially, but the new version falls flat after just a few minutes. The original formulation stays strong and gorgeous - sweet, rich fruits, flowers (jasmine and ylang-ylang?) and woods.

Vintage Dans la Nuit has a Worth 'signature' that I also smell in vintage Je Reviens - I believe they share similar aldehydic and salicylate notes. I can imagine someone wearing the lighter Je Reviens by day and then topping up with Dans la Nuit for a special evening.
30th September, 2010 (last edited: 20th August, 2012)
mumsy Show all reviews
I tried one in a tall blue glass bottle, eau de parfum 80%. I presume a vintage. I absolutely adored the first spicy, jumbled top notes as lisa describes, but on me this rapidly vanished into a very pleasant and dated flowery talc within half an hour of application. I really wanted the first spicy, flowery, woody part to last and last. If it had, I would have rated this as one of my favourite smells.... but it didn't sadly. I would love to create something smelling like these top notes.
09th March, 2010
I've found yestarday a botle of Dans la nuit. The cap have the image of stars and a moon. The tag it's not in a very good conditions but it's dans la nuit. Later I wil send a picture.
01st May, 2009
Oh I have just gotten a small vintage bottle of this and it is in one word,
bliss.

Sweet and floral but distinctive. Elegant and lyrical.

If you love Je Reviens you will adore Dans la Nuit.

Maybe even more...

• USD $89.99
  • Listing Type: eBay Store
  • Time Left: 18 days
  • Shipping from: United States

*JE REVIENS - DANS LA NUIT by WORTH* * RARE WORTH SET* *VINTAGE LALIQUE FLACONS*

• USD $325.00

Vintage Dans La Nuit by Worth 75 ml / 2.5 oz. EDT Spray Perfume

• USD $65.00
  • Time Left: 21 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Dans La Nuit Worth Mini Vintage Perfume EdT 0.25 oz (7 ml)

• USD $14.99

DANS LA NUIT EDP SPRAY 75 ML BY WORTH

• USD $65.00
  • Time Left:

Member images of Dans la Nuit

There are no member images of Dans la Nuit yet. Why not be the first?