Nature (1993)

Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Nature

Nature is a feminine perfume by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 1993

Reviews of Nature

'Nature' is a very nostalgic scent for me, and I therefore have a hard time 'looking' at it critically. My mother wore it in Germany in the early/mid nineties, and it became emblematic for me, of intellectual, fashionable, alternative, health-conscious Berlin collegiate culture. It always struck me as the non-perfume perfume, more plant than flowers -- and thus totally avant "garden" ;) -- and yet, almost as if by magic, very sensual and warm, regardless.

Smelling it now, I can rationally recognize the structure of classic fragrance in its both its development and chypric, mossy drydown.
But I am still very impressed by its unique ability to be both not-at-all "perfumey" (In fact, it's very herbal and 'salty' [I think it must have a hefty dose of liquorish!].) and still very seductive & totally "feminine".

'Nature' is all about the moss, to the degree that I imagine lichens in a woodland each time I inhale it, and moreover, its salty aspects seem to evoke some sort of peculiar,heady mushrooms growing in the same wood.

To me, it actually smells quite similar to Caron's 'Aimez-Moi'. If you can imagine 'A-M' with less anise, more old-school, powdery sillage, less self-importance and far more verdant bite, you have got a rough idea of it.

A totally yummy, lush, green-lover's green. And an all-time favorite of mine.
21st January, 2010 (last edited: 27th February, 2010)
Ouf, I got this stuff accidently on my hand, I waited for a minute, but the smell didn't get better, so I ran over to the sink to wash Nature right off of me.

It smells like dirty old man with greasy hair! Its unbelieveble! Maybe my miniature was a bit old, though. Anyway, if you want to smell like nature, use something else.
16th December, 2008

Add your review of Nature

Shop for Nature products online

Search Amazon for Nature

Member images of Nature

There are no member images of Nature yet. Why not be the first?