Opium (1977)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchCharles of the Ritz Group

About Opium

Opium is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 1977 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Raymond Chaillan, Jean Amic and Jean-Louis Sieuzac. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Opium fragrance notes

Reviews of Opium

kjp Show all reviews
perfection in its original form.classic.i always have a bottle in case of emergency
24th July, 2016
Musk and flowers and a little powder. So much more depth than some of the lighter, fruitier fragrances I tested at the counter. I was warned this had a lot of musk, and was happy to find out it was true. It has a few oils in it, so they tell me, and it does wear closer to the body.

I enjoyed it
19th July, 2016
Oh,to me the Original spicy oriental that as a young child I loved. I have seen so many different ingrediant lists. It just pulls me to find out what i found so irresistable.

I found what is my thing spicy orientals. Several natural perfumeries have similarly wonderous mixes. Wish I could remember their names. Anyas Garden, Ayala something, oh so many I need to name.
16th June, 2016
One of the few balsamic spicy scents I really like. The silliage and the opening notes may be a bit overwhelming, but the base notes are as smokey and addictive as they should be.
23rd March, 2016
As a man, I happily wear the vintage EDT. In fact, I'm having something of a love affair with it. Go easy on the trigger, and forget the current formulations, and for god's sake pass on the "Pour Homme" version-dreadful.
Disregard the marketing. This is fully unisex. The vintage is warm, sensuous and wears like your favorite scotch.
10th February, 2016
When I was in my 20's a friend received a fantastic bottle of parfum she did not like, she gave it to me and I adored.

Last year I decided to try it again in a perfumery shop, I appreciated it and the friend with me bought it for me!

It is an opulent fragrance that I use sometimes when it is really cold, it is spicy and unique and in my opinion may be used by man avoiding over spray.
29th December, 2015

Add your review of Opium

Shop for Opium products online

Shop for Opium at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Opium

Member images of Opium

There are no member images of Opium yet. Why not be the first?