Paris (1983)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Orťal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchSquibb > Charles of the Ritz Group

About Paris

Paris is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 1983 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sophia Grojsman. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Paris

Suvana Show all reviews
The true 80s Paris was indeed a roaring beast that would tackle you to the ground in a pink powder swirl and stuff your throat with roses. I adored it and wore it for years, until changing tastes made it impossible to wear in public.

Note, I do not usually like rose perfumes.

The reformulated version is a little more sparkly and fizzy but has entirely lost the bass velvet growl of the original, and as a consequence seems rather run of the mill.
03rd March, 2018
Iíve got a miniature that says Paris but the cap is pink, so I donít know if Iím reviewing the right version. The listed notes donít speak much. Thereís just too many things to distinguish anything. Itís not bad enough for me to give it a neutral review. Itís a nice floral scent. But thatís pretty much it.
18th January, 2018
The dancer Gustav Klimt 1916-1918
22nd April, 2017
Salutation.

As the name suggests,Paris always reminds you of this lovely beautiful city.the scent is just like the city,a song of light and darkness,of sunny days and hot nights,of deep love and flirty affair.I believe that's a scent for romantic retro-style woman somewhat older than 25.
Classic,Powdery,Floral,Gorgeous,Woody,Ladylike,Romantic,Heavenly and Absolutely French Style.

With the first spray you can feel 80s chic,it's powdery yet fresh and clean.the heart is a explosive blend of jasmine,violet,ylang ylang and above all rose.the base notes dries to an dry woodsy texture of sandalwood,with a musky accord of the iris and the finishing touches of warm amber for a perfect Powdery sweet floral elixir for a elegant lady.

The scent is very suitable for women who has self-confidence and born to be madame.when she walked by me in the hotel in Paris,I clearly remember myself turning towards her and smile dreamily as if I was entranced.the scent would be suitable for a romantic dinner candles in a fancy restaurant theatre night in Paris.definitely for Autumn weather.Paris,I miss you!

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10
20th November, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
I have to admit it--I do not really like the scent of roses. Beautiful to look at, less so to smell--to me, anyway. On top of that, I have yet to find a scent by Sophia Grojsman that I like.... That all said, Paris is an amazing scent, a screaming rose chypre with violets and orange blossom in a supporting role. If a woman loves the smell of roses and wants a pedal to the metal way to shout it from the rooftops, this is the way to go! Beautiful packaging and marketing. I once was in Paris and bought a bouquet of flowers for someone who had done a favor for me. I ended up carrying them around for an hour or two before I was able to deliver them, probably looking like a besotted suitor, trying to screw up the courage to call on a girlfriend. That is what Paris the perfume reminds me of and yes, I gave this woman roses even though I do not like them; she did and that is all that matters!
29th October, 2015
When I first sprayed this one on, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. It's quite strong, and I felt a little overwhelmed by the smell of sour cherries. (Which I think is actually mostly the rose notes, but rose perfumes often smell a bit cherry-like to me.)
However, after it dries down a bit (after at least 20 minutes or so) it actually does have a very lovely powdery, floral scent. I actually sprayed the perfume on in my bedroom, then left the room for a bit, and when I went back in later I immediately loved this scent in the air. It leaves a very beautiful, sweet, powdery, soft impression. (This probably depends on how much you spray though. I didn't spray a lot.) This perfume just makes me feel good, and I recommend trying it. It's another one that I think should be considered a classic.
22nd October, 2015

Add your review of Paris

Shop for Paris products online

Vintage PARIS by Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Toilette Spray 1 oz./ 30 ml. Perfume

$7.00 (2 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 9:59:18 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

YSL MON PARIS Yves Saint Laurent 2pc Set 1.0 oz EDP + 1.6 Body Lotion NEW in BOX

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 10:04:15 PDT

Yves Saint Laurent Paris By Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 14:20:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $121.38
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Yves saint laurent mon paris edt spray 3.0 oz white box batch 38p200(2017/02)

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 14:22:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $189.99

LOT of 2~Yves Saint Laurent MON PARIS Eau de Parfum .05oz/1.5ml CARDED SAMPLES

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 14:36:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Yves Saint Laurent YSL PARIS Eau de Toilette .05fl.oz/1.5ml CARDED SAMPLE Rare!!

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 14:40:46 PDT