Yvresse / Champagne (1993)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Yvresse / Champagne

Originally launched with the name "Champagne" until the Champagne makers got all uppity. It was renamed as Yvresse - a play on YSL's name.

Yvresse / Champagne fragrance notes

Reviews of Yvresse / Champagne

A very good friend just gifted me a vintage bottle of Champagne Parfum, and it is delightful.

I have not ever gotten my nose on any other formulas of this scent, so I cannot compare it to any others. This stays close to the skin, and is thankfully not loud nor brash.

I find it to be a clear melodic scent, with both depth and clear tone that cannot help but make me smile.

I'll write more later.
03rd February, 2018
This review is for the reformulated Yvresse from the "La Collection", in the chubby cube bottle.

Well, since it's impossible to not compare this to the fabulous original formula, here goes my dissection of this monster:

*Triple the Litchi
*Halve the Stone Fruits & Violet
*Remove Coconut, Amber, and Woods

This reform is so sweet it actually makes me queasy. It isn't even as good as the Champagne dupe "perfume oil" I bought in Mexico a decade ago. I would never wear this even if I wasn't closely acquainted with the original. Maybe if it was layered with a woody, nutty, amber base it would improve. But, why bother?
23rd October, 2017
Much admired by me when a friend wears the original Yvresse, not the La Collection, I can't bring myself to buy it. I won't, you know, the older I get, the less bombastic my fragrance loves are. Dear BAV was that femme fatale I fell in love with in the seventies and I don't wear it anymore. Sophia Grojsman, who authored Yvresse, made a very fine perfume, but the La Collection one is missing a link to the original, as I confirmed for myself today. It was unexpectedly at the YSL counter. I am lukewarm about Gabrielle, the new Chanel offering, but it's a fruity floral of today, so I'd put my money there.
22nd September, 2017
This is the happiest, brightest fragrance I own.

I don't usually go for fruity scents, but this one is like a freshly made fruit drink, juicy and happy and with white wine for refreshment. Effervescent, bubbly, sunny.

I smell this and it makes me smile.

It does evolve and show more complex facets, chypre that it is. But always bright and happy and juicy and like a sunny spring afternoon.

---

I own a bottle decanted from a tester when a local perfume store closed.

---

Update: It lasts really long. Always fruity and juicy, and not in a sickly sweet way. Oddly, it reminds me of a deeply fragrant pear. I enjoy it a lot.
08th November, 2016
Mine is the old "Champagne" found at an estate sale. This is my second or third wearing and I'm concerned it may have turned.
I got the sparkly effervescent top, and maybe there is peach and apricot in there, but I also have a sour almost urine-like odor. Could that be the violet?
I really hope the middle and base are amazing as they sound, but I haven't caught it yet.

I'm riding it out and will update my review...

Updated: I do not like this one. On me, it smells like pee and lasts forever. I could still smell it going to bed.
20th September, 2016 (last edited: 21st September, 2016)
Oviatt Show all reviews
Years ago, when this first came out, a houseguest brought this as a gift for my wife ( I got a single malt) from duty free. It was called Champagne back then. Such a thoughtful gift, such beautiful packaging! The fragrance, however, was such a disappointment! A loud, fruity mess that my wifely bravely wore a few times. It is the only fragrance I have ever asked her not to wear ( around me, anyway) and she was only too happy to get rid of it ( she gave it to a surprised and delighted friend). Years later, when I think of the perfumes that I have really disliked-- Tresor, White Linen, Paris, Spellbound--there is a clear link. They are all loud, brash, harsh scents that have the Grosjman stamp on them, loud and clear. Such a shame because the creative brief (capture the essence of champagne in a fragrance) in different, more capable hands, could have resulted in something great.
09th March, 2016 (last edited: 06th November, 2017)

Add your review of Yvresse / Champagne

YVRESSE by Yves Saint Laurent

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 22:37:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $90.51
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YVRESSE BY YVES ST LAURENT EAU DE TOILETTE NATURAL SPRAY 4.2 FL. OZ.

$109.00 (0 Bids)

Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse 2.7oz / 80ml Women’s Perfume EDT

End Date: Wednesday Jan-23-2019 17:10:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $60.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

MINI PERFUME YVES SAINT LAURENT "champagne,yvresse, "

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 3:49:06 PST
Buy It Now for only: $22.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YVRESSE Eau de Toilette Legere by Yvest Saint Laurent Women Spray 4.2 oz. Sealed

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 11:47:53 PST
Buy It Now for only: $269.96

Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Toilette Spray 2.7 oz 80 ml For Women

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 0:22:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $92.29
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YVRESSE by Yves Saint Laurent EDT SPRAY 2.7 OZ ( LA COLLECTION EDITION)

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 9:15:34 PST

YVRESSE BY YSL

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 10:34:24 PST
Buy It Now for only: $89.00

Member images of Yvresse / Champagne

There are no member images of Yvresse / Champagne yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Yvresse / Champagne