In Love Again (1998)

PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About In Love Again

Originally launched as a limited edition in 1998 to celebrate 40 years of Yves Saint Laurent in the fashion business. It is now re-released in 2004 to celebrate 40 years of YSL fragrances. Same juice as before, but a slightly different bottle.

Reviews of In Love Again

to me, this smells exactly like a fresh rose bloom . Say, a pink, apricot or yellow rose. Lovely.
16th August, 2012
I first smelled this on one of my classmates when we were students during a pediatrics rotation at a large hospital, and I will never forget it. She was coming in from the cold one winter morning, and I got a whiff of this perfectly sweet lovely fresh fruity/floral fragrance trailing from her heavy wool coat. I stopped her immediately and asked her for the name, and she told me, "It's in Love Again." So I looked it up directly and bought a bottle.
This is a warm citrusy rich floral with lovely sillage and longevity. I would call In Love Again a sister to Kelly Caleche, and Rose Ikebana...and a cousin to Jean Claude Ellena's other fruity florals. In Love Again is sadly discontinued (again) but hopefully someday it will be relaunched (again). If you are a Jean Claude Ellena fan (like me), pick one up if you get a chance.
30th May, 2011
Mostly I smell blackcurrant - both leaves and fruit. I find it sour and with a sharpnees that sets my teeth on edge. My husband bought it for me when we revisited Paris where we spent our honeymoon. How many sad unloved bottles of this vile stuff have been bought because a husband wanted an obvious romantic gift?

Since then I have trained him to be more discerning and less literal!!!
13th May, 2010
I am one of those people who turns Pamplelune into catpee; so did happen with In love again too after ten minutes. The first 10 minutes are pleasant; but then I get catpee and hairspray.
Reminded me very much of Babydoll,( wich I love and can wear )at first.
I'll stick to Babydoll when I'm in the mood for a summer scent like this.
05th May, 2007
I smell grapefruit and as someone mentioned somewhere else, a subtil hint of grape leaves, like a vineyard. Dries down nice on me as most frags end up too overpowering me and give me a headache throught the day. Not this one!
20th April, 2007
This smelled like nothing else, and such a beautiful bottle. Loud silly fruity smells. But I did not enjoy wearing it all day. It put me off balance, and wasn't really complementary to my personality. But the bottle looks nice, I'll still put it on for birthday parties and picnics.
12th October, 2006