Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris (1999)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PerfumerCecile Matton
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris

Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Cecile Matton and Ralf Schwieger

Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris

I used to wear it as a teenager. I remembered it lately and was obsessed with buying one of those gorgeous bottles again, which I did. Now I'm 30 but look younger and people think it suits me well.
It's light and fresh. I smell mostly grapefruit and rose. It goes woody towards the end. Always nice, but not evolving a lot.
Sillage and longevity are average.
15th January, 2017 (last edited: 18th April, 2017)
Salutation.

A fragrance of Joy and Happiness.BABY DOLL is one of those fragrances That Everybody can have in Their collection because you can have the confidence that the Fragrance made by a prestigious designer like YSL. Fruity, Girlish,Delicious,Juicy,Fruity,Fresh, Cute,Sweet with a Lovely Bottle.

BABY DOLL is flowery with a fruity fun smell as it sparkling starts with citrusy notes but not overpowering.It is like Candy and just Delicious.The base notes are warm with a Touch of Seduce.Totally The scent is very Youthful which does not necessarily mean that it is only for Young ladies.

This Elegant YSL Definitely is not a Evening scent.It is perfect for the Beach,Summer,Everyday,A Picnic or just for any reason you may please.Suitable for a Sweet and Cheerful character.It is also ideal for present.Anyway a Beautiful Casual scent but not in a Cheap way.

Sillage?Interesting.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

09th June, 2015
I only use this perfume as I have good memories connected with it and with every spray comes a good memory of my High school days and times with my girlfriends! I remember as a young teen buying the imitation versions of this. The imitation was a lot better as its top notes weren't so strong. My girlfriends and I always wore this perfume which is probably why I like it but if it weren't for this, I probably would never use it. It is too strong, too rosey-grape fruity and it tends to just punch you, rather than drag you in. The notes are all too strong for me but as I said before, good memories are attached to this scent and unfortunately, the scent itself is far too sweet and strong at the same time. I use it as car perfume or linen perfume but the 100 ml bottle won't seem to run out fast enough. the 100 ml bottle has lasted me over a year.
29th February, 2012
I received this perfume as a gift along with 3 other fragrances, so it went unnoticed for a while. When I finally got around to wearing it, I was quite pleasantly surprised.

The first initial spray is a strong citrusy burst of pineapple and orange which smells a lot like tropical fruit juice, but in a nice way. The fragrance quickly mellows, and although you can still smell the citrus notes, there are more flowery notes like rose and lily of the valley.

Wearing this fragrance is a lot of fun and makes you feel really girly and casual. However, be warned that this perfume is rather strong and that it has been known to give people headaches if used in large quantities.

26th April, 2011
Sexy but in a innocent girlish dolly-like naivete called
Baby doll a scent gives an impression in two ways I'm not a Child and yet not a Woman like Bravado or a Woman child- sexually a Woman plays a vulnerable and yet an
a woman with full of dreams and a bit head in the clouds
kind of Romantic view of the world ala the roles Marilyn
Monroe was famous for, a complete contrary to the Pragmatic Pierre Balmain's Jolie Madame, Tough as Nails
Robert Piguet's Bandit, and the Fiery and Tempestuous
Sister Opium. Oranges open with an crisp and citusy
brightens your senses then dries with tart and juicy
pineapple then in a few minutes the scent dries deeper
with black currents adds a sexual undercurrent then
sour green apple dries the opening.

Light and delicate freesia with it's airy sweetness
blown across the summer sky then heliotrope a warm
vanilla like scent comes steeping though has a bit of a cloyish quality Demure pink roses gives it a Velvety
elegance. The drydown is simple with the usual Sandalwood dryness and the typical Powdery finishing
of Vanilla.
09th January, 2011
Kal Show all reviews
Horrible. I couldn't even force myself to buy it on super special.

I quite enjoyed the original when I was younger and I thought this one would be at least OK. It starts off smelling a bit like Paris (at least, I recognised it) but then it warps and twists and ends up smelling like Paris gone bad. Maybe that's all it is. Someone's daughter found some Paris that had been left in the sun for 20 years and said she loved it so someone made it for her for real?

I tend to like grapefruit, redcurrant and peach notes so I'm guessing that the rhubarb is what's annoying me. To my taste, it clashes horribly with the spicy rose making it smell like those cheap oil-burner scents. *shudder*
The rose in particular ended up smelling quite synthetic on me and I felt that The Body Shop's Tea Rose is much better, even though that smells somewhat synthetic as well. I layer TBS's Tea Rose over Spellbound (18 years old and missing it's top notes) and that ends up a nicer, rose-y perfume than this mess. I think the problem is that all the notes clash in my nose. Whatever that fruit is, combined with the other notes it ends up smelling ... I wish I had a word other than 'bad'. Cheap? I had to scrub this.

Kudos to those who can enjoy it, of course.

The bottle is cute and deserves a mention. It made me want to try spinning it. My inner evil twin would have opened all the boxes on sale and spun as many as possible till an armed SA chased me out of the store. >:D
10th May, 2010

Add your review of Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris

Shop for Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris products online

Shop for Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris

Member images of Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris

There are no member images of Baby Doll / Baby Doll Paris yet. Why not be the first?